1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 248 Adesanya vs Romero

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by JimGunn, Jan 20, 2020.

1. null Gold Belt

2. 2020Tracked Green Belt

Screenshot_20200121-153954_Twitter.jpg

Looks like Rumble might be on this card too - Link goes to TBA vs TBA, hopefully at heavy weight

3. Kaan White Belt

Hello everybody, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I couldn't find any topic that's more appropriate. For the last 2 years I've been actively watching ufc and I love the sports, even though the times in Europe are occasionally really bs. Anyway, i now luckily got the chance to see ufc 248 live in Vegas as I happen to be there at that time. Now ofc what I ask myself is is there any way I can get tickets for sure before they are sold out? I registered for the newsletter but unfortunately didn't get any presale code,which is going to start tomorrow I think. I'd love to see the fight but ins cared that everything will already be sold out or prices will go up to 400 dollars which I can't afford. What do u think how much will the tickets cost and is there any way to get access to the presale? Thank you all!

4. Red_2 Orange Belt

Youre in the betting forum Bro.

Taking adesanya @1.45 for 4u. I don't know about jj, but if her odds keep increasing I'll gladly play her.

5. Broe. Brown Belt

Thats a very bad price. I got 10 units for adesanya at 1.57. I like zhang in the 1.75 -1.85 range

6. Red_2 Orange Belt

Well us Europeans can't get on openers, also it's not a bad price at all. This will look even worse than the Silva fight.

7. Kamais_Ookin Red Belt

I'd take jj decision line for extra value don't see her finishing a bull like Zhang.

Izzy should win but always scary ko threat at any moment from Romero doesn't make it a good viewing experience lol.

8. TrueAscension Brown Belt

Zhang knocking JJ out

9. FimbulFightPicks Purple Belt

I very rarely post about bets or anything, but to anyone who wants to be on Adesanya, my two cents would be to wait for the double chance.
    I have done it so many times and I always absolutely love that prop. Ko/dec. Your line is often instead of 1.40 it may be 1.60-1.75 or so.
    Did it with many fights, and I think theres alot of value on that when it comes.
    Whittaker, Romero
    Blachowich, Souza
    JJ vs whoever is just a few Ive used it with if I bet on her.

Some people claim its good to be covered, but remember you are paying to be covered, and its really not worth it imo depending on the odds of course.

So I’d say, wait or play the ML small and wait for the prop. I think your value will be much higher, especially if you keep track of what the odds were for the fights.
    Wish they would add double chance to more fights. One of my most profitable and favorite props.

Beware also when betting Ko and prop lines just how easily a near sub can become a tko by tapping or the judge, and vice versa, then Id rather take the ITD.

Imo props has much higher value than ML but it requires much more intense research, specific strikes, openings, tendencies, feints, you need to be a lot,more technical on your research. My style of betting is usually play the ML and then 0.25 maybe 1U on the prop, if there really is alot of value on it. And then specific round props like RDA vs Kevin lee is around 0,1 to 0,25U for 30+ odds. Thats how I like to do it atm.

Anyway, double chance is very undervalued often, just my two cents, and thank you all for all the great posts in here.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  10. ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling Banned

I would disagree with that

jj wins a decision would be more accurate

11. TrueAscension Brown Belt

That’s what we’re here for brother! Can’t agree on all of em! JJ of old might piece Zhang up but don’t see it anymore.

12. Gugabe Purple Belt

JJ -200 against Zhang way more accurate

13. ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling Banned

Zhang almost lost to Daniel Taylor a few fights ago. She’s been dropped by much lesser women.

Her ko of Andrade was an anomaly and is probably the reason we have jj at dog odds.

jj chin problems are overblown. That was due to her weight cutting which she’s looked to correct

14. Gugabe Purple Belt

Pretty much. JJ will overwhelmingly win rounds here and a W115 favourite prettymchh being KO or bust is dumb

15. benebox Black Belt

10 units, even though it should hit that's a brave bet against Romero.

I think my play here will be betting on the fight going the distance if we get some good odds for it.

16. Sono07 Brown Belt

Zhang destroying Jessica and then assimilating the english language in only a few months impresses me.
    If she's spent as much time practicing mma as she has reading I like Zhang's power, short hooks, and focus.

17. Gugabe Purple Belt

GTD's going to be essentially JJ ML IMO. Can't see Zhang having the volume to pull off 3 rounds.

18. 1moretime! MasterOfForecast

The fight will end with ONE girl KO via flying knee

19. 1moretime! MasterOfForecast

This was her (2nd MMA fight) she added 19 more since 16 finish 7 via submission 9 by tko - 20-1-0.

You really really know the sport buddy! Lol

20. Gugabe Purple Belt

She got an armbar in a 2 minute clip so she's going to beat JJ by decision over five rounds despite a gigantic volume difference? She needs to finish to win.