PBP UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a terrible fight for both guys. Israel prefers to counter and Romero wants to stand and trade shots. Neither came off of those tactics and it was terrible. Should be a draw for no action. Was like Wonderboy - Woodley.

Also Romero has no cardio, but it is insane how quick he is at age 43, PEDs or not. I can't remember anyone still that quick/explosive at that age, in any sport.

Ah shit. I think I jinxed the main event.
I actually remembered your post during that. Like you were a prophet. Turning it off at that point would have been the only way anyone won the main event.

Classic example of fighting not to lose. @Clementine @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

giphy.gif

Glad I was drunk as fuck and hardly remember that boring ass fight #UFCisdying

Ah shit. I think I jinxed the main event.
What did you say before the Black Beast vs Ngannou fight? hmmm I need to research your post history before that fight too compare, if there is a pattern then I'm afraid no hugs from me anymore

giphy.gif

I don't dislike Romero, he is amazing for his age.. BUT he has this really bad habit of being in these fights where you don't really know who has won and they are all basically a draw.. he some how lures his opponents into this, its happened so many times.

I even said this many times on here before the fight, months back!.
forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-fight-night-167-anderson-vs-blachowicz-2-pbp-discussion-5-00-pm-et-2-00-pm-pt.4081733/page-133#post-158780967

Romero vs Jacare - I have no clue who won, draw? I don't know

Romero vs Whittaker 1 - I have no clue who won, draw? I don't know

Romero vs Whittaker 2 - I have no clue who won, draw? I don't know

Romero vs Costa - I have no clue who won, draw? I don't know, I feel Costa landed better shots but still so close.

Romero vs Adesanya - I have no clue who won, draw? I don't know, Adesanya threw 1 leg kick every 3 minutes so I guess thats something.

Can someone please explain why posts in the pbp thread in the area of round 3 of the co-main are jumping back and forth 15 minutes apart???

I’m not kidding I was watching and not reading in real time. So wtf am I reading here?

10:37
10:23

Posts are giving their scores after 3. Alongside posts that are clearly after 5 rounds.

Was it that people’s streams were literally 15 minutes behind? Crazy.

Surprisingly, JJ is stronger. You can see it in the clinch.

Still think this? JJ has the best takedown defence I've seen from any straweight ever and pretty much any other WMMA fighter. Incredible buy Weilli nearly got her a number of occasions.

This is the best WMMA fight I've ever seen.
Agreed. I don't watch many to be honest, but I have never seen anything even approaching that level of skill and cardio. I mentioned last night that they threw more educated punches and had better head movement than 90% of male MMA fighters I've seen. And I've seen a lot of those. I generally treat WMMA like the WNBA (no likey), but to those two warrior women I say...
<Gordonhat>

Can someone please explain why posts in the pbp thread in the area of round 3 of the co-main are jumping back and forth 15 minutes apart???

I’m not kidding I was watching and not reading in real time. So wtf am I reading here?

Posts are giving their scores after 3. Alongside posts that are clearly after 5 rounds.

Was it that people’s streams were literally 15 minutes behind? Crazy.
The thread broke during that fight. Posts were showing up when they felt like it.

I think Romero is physically gifted, but a mental midget.
I don’t think he’s a mental midget actually. He comes across as an r-tard in a lot of ways, but his strategy in general is really smart. He manages his gas tank crazy well considering he’s the type of fighter who is made for gassing. His striking gets little credit for just how slick it is too because of the wow factor of his fast twitch.

What’s funny and not intuitive is that IMO he can be boring at times because he fights in a smarter manner than basically any physical freak fighter.

Still think this? JJ has the best takedown defence I've seen from any straweight ever and pretty much any other WMMA fighter. Incredible buy Weilli nearly got her a number of occasions.
Yup, JJ looked like the physically stronger fighter in the clinch. Not sure what I was supposed to see to change my mind....

OMG Spenser Confidential is on Netflix!! Watching it now. THEY DONT PLAY BY THE LAW.

Back