UFC 247: Scraps to keep an eye on?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Mat, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mat Orange Belt

Hey guys, apart from the main and co-main nothing much is standing out to me in terms of fights with interesting storylines or fighters with a history of being entertaining, etc.

Let me know what SCRAPS to keep an eye on this weekend, UFC 247.

2. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Bektic Vs Ige should be fun imo.

3. Kung Fu Kowboy The Fight Doctor Staff Member Senior Moderator

Black Beast in Houston. Should come out to a banger and then hopefully please his hometown with just bleed violence...

4. Tomasz79 Green Belt

Came here to say this. Dan Ige had an awesome fight with Kevin Aguilar last June on a Cehudo v Moraes undercard (if I remember right) if you have Fight Pass (or by other means) it's worth watching to get yourself ready for this, and just for the fight itself.. And Mirsad is a very talented and promising guy who got some tough fights but still could be great. This fight may give as a new rising guy one (big) step closer to the title.

5. moogie101 Brown Belt

He might come out with that intention BUT I think Latifi's grappling is going to be the deciding factor in this fight & give him the win.

6. Sonny Qc 86,425 Likes

that card is so bad.......

7. Alexander de great

8. Street Bishop Blue Belt

trashcan level ppv

9. Osiris3657 Brown Belt Platinum Member

Definitely Bektic vs Ige.

Giles vs Arroyo could be a good striking battle. Giles has the extra incentive to look good since he's from Houston.

Ewell vs Martinez could be good. I think Ewell has some really sweet boxing.

Miles Johns vs Bautista could be good. Johns has some real potential at BW. Well rounded.

And finally, Lingo vs Zalal (a last minute addition to the card) is supposedly going to be fireworks. Both guys throw caution to the wind and bang.

I wish Vera/Rivera was still on the card, that should have been good.

10. Paynebringer Titanium Ape Planet Belt... Always Defend ♠♠♠

This was the one I came to mention going back & forth with this pick I like both men but settling on Ige

11. Cooliox Steel Belt Platinum Member

Very MEH UFC card...

Even 246 was MEH

12. CerebralKnievel Gold Belt

I love it when an upcoming card is this level of shallow - people really begin to dig deep with the compensations: "such and such will be a barn burner, so and so is from this city so he'll be turning it on."

You can watch barn burners on youtube and bum fights. Doesnt make them worthy of $65.

13. bigconan Gold Belt

I have a feeling both the main event and co main are going to both be boring fights....valentina can be a very boring fighter...she's mainly a counter puncher...so her fights can be cures for insomnia...as for jones, his recent fights have been beyond boring...after his last fight against santos, i vowed to never watch him fight again...where did the once aggressive, always going for the finish guy go? now, he has become a point fighter. all he does now, is throw a few leg kicks each round. while avoiding head strikes... his boxing has really gone down hill...it was never that great to begin with, but now, he barely throws any punches...against santos, I don't think he threw more than 5 punches the entire fight.

14. poor form Banned Banned

Neither of the title fights excite me. Just look at the odds. But, hopefully I’ll be surprised.

Hoping the rest of the card delivers, though. And that’s why I watch the whole card every time.

15. CerebralKnievel Gold Belt

Jones hasn't been an exciting fighter since he first won the belt. Also, his first fight with Gustafson is highly overrated here because of how shocking it was when it was happening live.

I'm not arguing against his obvious talent and dominance, and when he hurts his opponents he definitely turns it on. However, minute by minute, most of his championship tenure has not been much more than oblique kicks and eye pokes.

16. Rebel_LioN Silver Belt

only thing to look more forward to than his fights are his post fight interviews

<CroCop1>

17. Drugstore Cowboy

Retrospectively, 246 looks amazing now. Apart from main event, we had CDF-Pettis, Yusuff-Fili, Askarov-Elliott and Dober-Harqparast, that's fucking top tier MMA.

18. Ken Fresno Interim Belt

[​IMG]