UFC 247 another weak PPV

UFC going full boxing
Vast majority of boxing cards on the big 3 promotions will have the undercard full of prospects that have potential at least.

Ufc has to fill slots with 2 fighters who are just collecting a check with nothing to gain or lose from a given fight because they can't develop prospects against "career opponents"

I don't really think either model is necessarily better than the other at this moment...

Juan Adams. I don’t even know what to say smh...

It’s honestly not fair to the man. They are setting him up for ridicule by putting him there. The last fight before the main events on a PPV card featuring the arguable GOAT? It’s baffling...

These are the cards that deserve someone in the
Main Event pulling out the week of the fight

Holy shit, is that really the card? Outside the main & co-main I hadn't paid any attention to it & I'm genuinely shocked at how bad that looks.

Take the Jones title defence off the card & they'd struggle to get people watching this on free TV.
and people say bellator is bad

Vast majority of boxing cards on the big 3 promotions will have the undercard full of prospects that have potential at least.

Ufc has to fill slots with 2 fighters who are just collecting a check with nothing to gain or lose from a given fight because they can't develop prospects against "career opponents"

I don't really think either model is necessarily better than the other at this moment...

I really think its because they're obligated to give offer fighters at least 3 fights a year, even the no names

So why not throw them on a jon jones card..

I really think its because they're obligated to give offer fighters at least 3 fights a year, even the no names
That makes sense

Reyes vs Jones & Lewis vs Latiffi are really good

ige vs bektic is really good as well but not PPV quality

tafa vs juan is terrible and val vs chook will be far and beyond the most boring fight on the card and perhaps of all time

I won't bother with chenko but i'll catch the rest for sure

Hopefully the card will surprise us. Doesn't interest me much on paper either and I agree with the general sentiment itt that cards are getting weaker. Seems like a fight night card with ppv main and co-main somehow

Lewis Latifi is the only PPV worthy fight on that main-card except obviously for Jones vs Reyes
And it's the first damn one. I was planning to watch in a bar with friends. Usually, we miss the first fight or two. That's the only other one I am interested in seeing.

Super Bowl of Mixed Martial Arts

Worst card in a decade.
Latifi is a LHW wtf...

How the fuck is juan adams vs whoever higher than Lewis latifi or even the bektic fight

Probably the worst first quarter start to a year that I have seen in the UFC.

At first glance 247 looks alright but the risk of Valentina and Bones cruising is just too high. Lewis is always fun but this seems like a major mismatch, and while I really like the matchup, Bektic vs Ige is prelim material. Yawn.

I'm due for a 6 hour drive that day. Not going to rush home for this one...

It can turn out to be a great card.
giphy.gif

On paper, UFC 246 was better than this with exception to the Main and Co Main

It's either a Veteran coming off a loss or an inexperienced up and comer with less than 10 fights

14 bucks to watch Juan Adams fight.

Latifi vs Lewis and Bektic vs Ige are actually solid fights. Not the most stacked card for sure and Adams vs Tafa is a joke but atleast the likelyhood of someone getting knocked out is pretty high.

They can't all be barn burners.

God, I think they'd be so much better off from both a revenue and overall business standpoint by trimming PPV's to 4 a year and stack the shit out of them. Make them basically can't miss events for anyone who watches MMA. This would also free up much better fighters and match ups for your ESPN/ESPN+ cards to drive better viewership across all platforms which long term would increase the value of your product when media rights come up. To boot, probably do a lot more against pirating than anything they have ever done before.

Don't they get guaranteed money from ESPN for these?

Back