The Eagle

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
eaGVIR.jpg

WFeD0T.jpg

And i thought UFC 246 was bad...

source.gif

Holy shit, is that really the card? Outside the main & co-main I hadn't paid any attention to it & I'm genuinely shocked at how bad that looks.

Take the Jones title defence off the card & they'd struggle to get people watching this on free TV.

They stopped giving a shit a while ago and now they stack a few cards/year and the others are just a main event, maybe 1 other decent fight and a bunch of crap.

This is the way things are. There’ll be about 3-4 PPV cards for the year where they stack cards. With 4-6 fights of divisional significance.

The rest will have 1, 2, or 3 fights of any divisional significance. And these threads will appear in the lead up to those cards.

Even when big names fight now, like McGregor and Jones. The UFC know that fight is the selling point, and give us co-mains like Holm vs Pennington, and Val vs The Next Soccer Mum She’s Going To Run Through.

I love Justin Tafa but i'm surprised he's in that position, hope he makes the most of it.

And yeah the card is weak but you can never miss Jones fighting that's for sure.

Lol, wouldn't buy that with your money.. and I'm not even joking.

This is the way things are. There’ll be about 3-4 PPV cards for the year where they stack cards. With 4-6 fights of divisional significance.

The rest will have 1, 2, or 3 fights of any divisional significance. And these threads will appear in the lead up to those cards.

Even when big names fight now, like McGregor and Jones. The UFC know that fight is the selling point, and give us co-mains like Holm vs Pennington, and Val vs The Soccer Mum She’s Going To Run Through.

doesn't mean there aren't some decent other fights on the card, like Mirsad vs Ige.

I agree with your point. I am more talking about fights of any relevance to the rankings and title shots that may be happening in the next 12 months.

Undoubtedly the odd diamond can be found in the rough on these cards. But let’s be honest. Bektić and Ige should not be on the main card of a PPV event. It has Prelims written all over it.

And the fights between lesser known fighters that have a chance of being exciting, should be on the free portion of the card to help draw in more fans.

I agree with your point. I am more talking about fights of any relevance to the rankings and title shots that may be happening in the next 12 months.

Undoubtedly the odd diamond can be found in the rough on these cards. But let’s be honest. Bektić and Ige should not be on the main card of a PPV event. It has Prelims written all over it.

And the fights between lesser known fighters that have a chance of being exciting, should be on the free portion of the card to help draw in more fans.

You guys love to make up this fantasy land where the 4th and 5th fight of every ppv is a top 5 match up of contenders. This is not and has not ever been true.

How is Juan Adams in top 3? He lost 2 straight. Last one against Hardy. Who da fook is Tafa guy i don't even know.

You guys love to make up this fantasy land where the 4th and 5th fight of every ppv is a top 5 match up of contenders. This is not and has not ever been true.
When there were less cards, it was much easier to watch all the fights, and know and take an interest in a higher percentage of the fighters on the roster. Which made PPV main cards feel more stacked.

Now there are so many events through the TV deals. The roster is bloated and no one has time to watch all the fights on all the cards.

Adams and Tafa have a combined total of 11 fights. And they are the third last fight of the night.

I don’t expect every fight on the main card to involve top 5 contenders. But i don’t think it’s unreasonable when they are asking for $60 a card, that the main card involve fights with top 10 divisional relevance.

Definitely spending $65 to see Juan Adam's.

Juan “I didn’t watch tape because don’t consume inferior product” Adams, please.

....now watch me get off the floor once Greg Hardy gets from on top of me...

Cards of horrible quality are the norm nowadays. I swear, it’s like the UFC hates people buying their ppvs, so they’re doing everything in their power to dissuade us.

Next time Dana makes a comment about how he hates people pirating their ppvs, that reporter needs to slap the bald off his head.

It can turn out to be a great card.
I prefer the pessimistic attitude that it will likely be shit and then hopefully be pleasantly surprised. First few PPVs of the year, 246 and now this card at 247, have been very weak card wise.

Lewis Latifi is the only PPV worthy fight on that main-card except obviously for Jones vs Reyes

People ripping on the HW fight but you know it will be fun. No way Chookagian beats Valentina

Back