UFC 246 Smart strategy or missed opportunity?

Jojomojo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So they obviously knew that Conor would sell the card for itself, but why the hell did they still put on such a shitty card?
8-4 Maurice Green vs 42 year old Oleinik?
Holly ish ish Holm vs Pennington most anticipated rematch ever!!

I feel like this is such a missed opportunity to promote new talent. There are so much casual eyes on this card and a Card like this does absolutely nothing to promote the sport as such. It only supports an Image of Conor being the single most entertaining fighter in the UFC (If He wins like expected).
But a fight like that Co-main will make people turn away in complete pain.

They didn’t need big names. Just bring dudes that like to throw down. Putting the boringest fighter in mma in the co-main and having the announce team talking it up, ehh

From what i read from another poster on here, McGregor asked that he only fight on cards where he doesnt share top proceeds of other champions. Its basically a profiting scheme from McGregor, i don't know if that is true so take with a grain of salt.

They didn’t need big names. Just bring dudes that like to throw down. Putting the boringest fighter in mma in the co-main and having the announce team talking it up, ehh
Thats what i mean. Just throw in some unknown HWs who Like to bang.

From what i read from another poster on here, McGregor asked that he only fight on cards where he doesnt share top proceeds of other champions. Its basically a profiting scheme from McGregor, i don't know if that is true so take with a grain of salt.
Even If so, why not throw in some prospects that most people dont know about other than 37 year old Holly Holm

Even If so, why not throw in some prospects that most people dont know about other than 37 year old Holly Holm

Some of these matches didnt make a lick of sense, i agree with you there.

As a regular, I was not impressed by this card.
But i was out drinking, my local place is packed, it wasn't this busy NYE.

Conor is more of a draw than i thought, doesn't it equal more regular fans... I dunno

Cerrone just tossed every bit of his career reputation in the dumpster with that pathetic performance.

That whole card was worse than recent Bellator events.

Back