UFC 246 Press Conference - Psychological Analysis

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Let me preface this analysis by saying that it's not looking good for Cowboy at all.

Whereas Conor's friendliness yesterday was controlled, calculated, and deliberate, Cowboy's was genuine. The dude admires Conor McGregor, is happy to be there with him and be part of his his journey, is grateful for the income McGregor is providing for him and his family, and when a reporter asked about Conor's rape allegations, the first man to get riled up and rush to Conor's defense was Donald Cerrone.

I believe that this is a detrimental mindset to have in the leadup of an unarmed combat contest.

By contrast, beneath Conor's friendly and polite exterior, I can detect that he is sharp, deadly, and is just waiting to leap on his prey and mercilessly tear it apart. When that cage is locked and the two men are in it, Conor's killswitch will be on, whereas Cowboy will be happy to "entertain the fans".

Regardless of the skill level (which, by the account of many MMA experts on Sherdog, is already in favor of Conor) of the two men involved, if it's a fighting contest between a man coming for the kill and a man coming to have fun and make friends, I will pick the man coming for the kill.

TL,DR: Bet the house on Conor McGregor, Sherbrethern.

Let me preface this analysis by saying that it's not looking good for Cowboy at all.

Whereas Conor's friendliness yesterday was controlled, calculated, and deliberate, Cowboy's was genuine. The dude admires Conor McGregor, is happy to be there with him and be part of his his journey, is grateful for the income McGregor is providing for him and his family, and when a reporter asked about Conor's rape allegations, the first man to get riled up and rush to Conor's defense was Donald Cerrone.

I believe that this is a detrimental mindset to have in the leadup of an unarmed combat contest.

By contrast, beneath Conor's friendly and polite exterior, I can detect that he is sharp, deadly, and is just waiting to leap on his prey and mercilessly tear it apart. When that cage is locked and the two men are in it, Conor's killswitch will be on, whereas Cowboy will be happy to "entertain the fans".

Regardless of the skill level (which, by the account of many MMA experts on Sherdog, is already in favor of Conor) of the two men involved, if it's a fighting contest between a man coming for the kill and a man coming to have fun and make friends, I will pick the man coming for the kill.

TL,DR: Bet the house on Conor McGregor, Sherbrethern.

They explained to him how important Conor is for the organization. Plus with this fight he is making 20 times more than usual, he can retire. He understands, its for the greater good.

Last edited:
It's just like Nate 1, an easy fight for Conor while he waits for a LW title shot.

giphy.gif

I dunno, i think McGregor has found god or some shit. If you want to get the best out of Cowboy, be all friendly with him before the fight. That puts him in his comfort zone. Hopefully this is all a ruse by McGregor.

I dunno, i think McGregor has found god or some shit. If you want to get the best out of Cowboy, be all friendly with him before the fight. That puts him in his comfort zone. Hopefully this is all a ruse by McGregor.

conor is far away from finding a god.
this is stage 1: fake humble

While what you say about Conor is a fair assessment and possibly correct, I don't think you can read so much into it concerning Cowboy. He is not a fighter on his first handful fights, but a veteran. From what I hear, Cowboy performs better when he is relaxed, and not hindered by performance anxiety. That said, a betting man would likely put their money on Conor to win.

conor is far away from finding a god.
this is stage 1: fake humble

Kinda like Khabib and his father. Fake humble until they got a taste of that money, nowcall they want is big money fights, weird

I hate to derail your thread bro but I don't think any psychological advantage will matter and pretty much irrelevant both guys just want their skills to do the talking hence they avoided the unnecessary trash-talking. I personally believe Conor has more tools to get his hands raised but this fight has zero psychology involved or mental games it's not a grudge match.

No trash talk, No mental game or anything is involved in this fight. It's all about the competition and the fight itself

Kinda like Khabib and his father. Fake humble until they got a taste of that money, nowcall they want is big money fights, weird

habib will be humbled too. the circle will be complete

they're fighting Tony for LW GOAT status when they could've made Conrat quit again for much more money...

Post your betting ticket TS

I wish, brudda.

Betting on sports is illegal where I live. It is punishable by law, the websites are blocked, and the bank transactions wouldn't go through if I win.

AlHamdulillah.

I hate to derail your thread bro but I don't think any psychological advantage will matter and pretty much irrelevant both guys just want their skills to do the talking hence they avoided the unnecessary trash-talking. I personally believe Conor has more tools to get his hands raised but this fight has zero psychology involved or mental games it's not a grudge match.

No trash talk, No mental game or anything is involved in this fight. It's all about the competition and the fight itself

Aldo lost his fight against Conor via psychology.

habib will be humbled too. the circle will be complete
Maybe but this isn't the Lion King, and if it was Khabib is the current king. He's a much better fighter than Conor and has already proven it and taken his soul. Conor will be humbled many times if he decides to take on serious competition and stick around in this sport.

Maybe but this isn't the Lion King, and if it was Khabib is the current king. He's a much better fighter than Conor and has already proven it and taken his soul. Conor will be humbled many times if he decides to take on serious competition and stick around in this sport.
alhamdulila

Back