News UFC 246 Did 2 Million PPV Buys (Equivalent)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
They stuck all the sucky fights so they dont have to put them on other "stacked" cards and conor was only reason peole bought.

How does this 'equivalent' association thing work?
Total fucking clickbait unless he defines that. Did anyone actually listen to the radio show? I don't know how otherwise i'd have a crack.

I have never waited more than 20 minutes at the local Long Island Buffalo Wild Wings. The wait at 1030 was 2.5 hours.

I've always found it amusing that a guy from the "Wrestling Observer" is our best source of PPV numbers. I would sooner trust the Weekly World News, or the ghost of Bobby Hennan.

Lol no it didn't
2 million ppv buys on espn $64.99 against Cerrone? Nate Diaz vs Conor was Conor near his fame prime, real mma fans wanted to see it as well, it was pre-espn, and it did 1.6m buys for reference
The Nate Diaz fights were before he won a second belt and the Mayweather fight. The guy's larger than ever.

I have never waited more than 20 minutes at the local Long Island Buffalo Wild Wings. The wait at 1030 was 2.5 hours.

That’s more a reflection of what losers people in your city are than an assessment of how big this fight was.

There are 2 million people on Earth dumb enough to pay for ESPN+ ?

The metric he’s using is likely the number of douchebags posting “The King is back” on social media

Lol no it didn't
2 million ppv buys on espn $64.99 against Cerrone? Nate Diaz vs Conor was Conor near his fame prime, real mma fans wanted to see it as well, it was pre-espn, and it did 1.6m buys for reference

He blew up with the Floyd fight over 4 million, then the Khabib fight was 2.4million.

I don't know about 2 million on ESPN though.

I feel bad that 2 million+ ppl had to watch that shit-show co-main. The UFC is trash nowadays smh

He blew up with the Floyd fight over 4 million, then the Khabib fight was 2.4million.

I don't know about 2 million on ESPN though.

I said near his fame prime for a reason. He got so big around that time, that Mayweather himself wanted to fight him. Fact is there was way more interest for the Conor-Nate fight than there ever was for Conor-Cerrone . Most people knew its a tune up fight with nothing on the line ... 2 million buys is ridiculous, cmon srsly. Don't know a single person who bought the fight card and dont know a single person who was willing to go to watch at a bar even since only main event interesting. It was all streaming and anybody who even remotely believes that 2mil mark is a moron

Bar I was at on Saturday was completely packed even during the prelims. There were people standing outside the bar watching during the PPV. Still I have a hard time believing it hit 2 million even though Conor still draws a crowd.

ESPN knows where to pump the traffic... I was being targeted so it's legit.

*estimated numbers... probably still top 5 all time even with the double ESPN paywall...
It would be “based off the old system”, but it’s not the old system. So it probably did under 500k

Lol no it didn't

Not sure how his fame could possibly rise without the same level of support from "real mma fans".

<DirkMavs>

What makes u goofs think that adds even 1k buys?

This literally means nothing to me.

Back