UFC 245 Usman vs Covington

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
xBP3wCm.jpg

Usman is going to kill this guy.
Has his cardio really been tested? Colvington probably has the best cardio I’ve ever seen in mma. I could see him breaking Usman.

Def taking Colby at dog odds. Can def see him breaking down Usman over 5 rounds.

Usman Will use same game against Woodley imo, takedowns and top control. If this on the feet imo is 60 40 for Usman too

Let's go raw american steel and twisted sex appeal I really want to see the masvidal fight next!

Fight is finally happening Usman had to make sure his EPO cycle was going smoothly.

Has his cardio really been tested? Colvington probably has the best cardio I’ve ever seen in mma. I could see him breaking Usman.

I'd say it's been tested at least to the same extent that Covington's has. His last 3 fights have gone the full 5 and he showed no signs of slowing down. I'd actually argue he looked better in rounds 4 and 5 against RDA than Covington did. A bet on Covington is banking on Usman gassing IMO and we have no evidence, at least that I've seen, of that happening. Although, Usman was the hammer for the majority of those fights. If Covington can put him on his back, that could certainly change things.

at 1.55 am I silly to hit Max at early odds? Volkanovski out cardios and outwrestles his opoonents. Decent standup and power but I see him going the route of Edgar.

What edge does Colby have here? Worse TDD and physically weaker in the wrestling. Has more volume standing but is at a huge power disadvantage which combined with him being highly hittable makes it unlikely he can unload to outstrike Usman.

He might hype himself up a lot but this seems like a nightmare match up for Colby.

Usman probably wins but -250 for fight goes for decision is pretty solid.

Kind of liking Usman here with more cardiEPO lmao. At least I don't see Colby being able to pressure or push him back like some of his opponents.
Wish Woodley hadn't had a stroke or something before that Usman bout though. Unless Usman really did just hurt him early, still he seems to pack enough muscle to pull off his high pace stall and brawl thing.

Hot take on some others.
●Nunes at around -300 looks decent
●Moraes under -200 as well
●Yan probably retires Faber but too much juice so far
●Perry I've always had a soft spot for Florida man think he has improved lately
●Omari really just hoping for a good reason to fade Hype-train Heinsich here
●France v Moreno this should be a good one leaning Kai but that maybe due to the recent success of City Kickboxing

Hard to see Aldo beating Moraes. KO or UD

Will any of you be in Las Vegas during UFC 245?

I will be flying to Vegas from California to bet on fights. Depending on the ticket price, I might attend the live UFC event itself.

Usman has two bad knees... Look into it. He said it on record and training footage has him almost always wearing two thick knee pads he also said he can't run

Hot take on some others.
●Nunes at around -300 looks decent
●Moraes under -200 as well
●Yan probably retires Faber but too much juice so far
●Perry I've always had a soft spot for Florida man think he has improved lately
●Omari really just hoping for a good reason to fade Hype-train Heinsich here
●France v Moreno this should be a good one leaning Kai but that maybe due to the recent success of City Kickboxing

I'm actually considering Germaine as a heavy dog, if Nunes decides to stand and bang with her she could be in trouble and GDR is a lot harder to take down than she was when they first fought.

If the fight leaves R1 it's probably 50/50 at worst for GDR. Don't think an early finish is too likely either when Nunes is terrified to expend energy on TDs and GDR hasn't been KOd standing ever including in her pro kickboxing career where she went 46-0. GDR knows how to make her opponents work pressuring on the feet and working in the clinch, there won't be any safe spaces for Nunes to rest unless she manages to get TDs easily and GDRs ground game hasn't developed at all in the last 6 years. Even in the first fight it took repeated forced attempts to get GDR to the ground, it wasn't like GDR had bad takedown defence even back then.

What edge does Colby have here? Worse TDD and physically weaker in the wrestling. Has more volume standing but is at a huge power disadvantage which combined with him being highly hittable makes it unlikely he can unload to outstrike Usman.

He might hype himself up a lot but this seems like a nightmare match up for Colby.

Colby definitely has a cardio advantage. Gut feel tells me Nunes sparks GDR in the 1st Round

Back