PBP UFC 244: Masvidal vs. Diaz - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With a cut like that, letting it proceed could result in some gore. Like, what would people say if it ripped through to the bone, or if you could see the loose flap of skin that used to be Diaz’s cheek? They’d be saying OMG the ref shoulda stopped it after the 3rd. It sucks, but stopping it was probably the right call.
my thing is, the cuts were that bad fo literally every part of the fight except the first couple minutes. Why let it go for two whole rounds but then a fourth and fifth isn't kosher?

Anyhoo, congress to the BMF. He looked phenomenal. Wonderboy looked amazing too. Those were two of the best performances in quite awhile.

WOW! Yes! That was a very entertaining fight, Nate is really tough. Great win for Masvidal!

why is nate such a slow starter? it's sad, because the fight just started to get interesting imo.

Amazing card. All fights were amazing except for WMMA and Till/Kelvin fight, that fight was trash.

Glad main event ended like that, karma for that stupid belt. Masvidal was toying with Diaz, at this point Diaz should fight journeyman. Stoppage itself was garbage, probably a set up for rematch.

I kinda knew Walker will lose but I didn't see Corey finshing him with TKO. Also great win for Kevin Lee, I'm shocked TriStall fighter finished a fight.

Exciting card, this is what a stack card looks like and feels like. They should learn from this and stack more cards in the future.

I'm not sure if the fight warranted a rematch, but the stoppage surely did.

Everyone - that cut wasn't even that bad!!

Excuse me??? How about when Nate was talking to Rogan it was like he had two mouths because the flaps on that cut were moving more than Nate's lips. I think if that cut was in another location they possibly could have let it go but because it was right over his eye it was pretty critical.

Now....is it still a shitty, anticlimactic way for the fight to end? YES! But don't go saying it wasn't that bad of a cut. Couple more shots and Nate's eyeball would have fallen out.

Jorge was killing him the whole fight. It's not like we needed to see rounds 4 and 5 to get a clear winner and I'm sorry Diaz wasn't gonna turn it around at that point.

Let's see Jorge go against the loser of Covington/Usman then he fights for the title.

How much did this PPV cost?

Who actually pays to watch a PPV when you can watch it in HD for free in your apartment, home or on your android phone. That's what I've been doing for over 10+ years.

For those that ride on Rogan's balls and still believe that fight shouldn't have been stopped this pic proves you are wrong. Another punch or elbow and Diaz's eyelid would've been hanging over his eye. The fight should've been stopped 1 round prior to it being stopped. Dan Miragliotta did a terrible job instead of protecting the fighter Nate was constantly trying to wipe the blood out of his eye for the entire 3rd round. Dan Miragliotta cares more about the UFC than he does for the fighters he's supposed to protect.

GettyImages-1185157846.jpg

Wouldn't of been called anywhere else. Jorge leveled up tonight. He looked phenomenal dude put on a show. He's getting better. Can't wait for part two. Those boys were beating the brakes off eatch other.

I can't see the outcome being any different. Clearly a dominate performance by Masvidal. Masvidal had 112 significant strikes to Diaz 43. Diaz made a good account of himself at times but it was an uphill battle for him the whole time. Unless he was injured, more of the same in rematch.

best ppv i've seen, well the most fun for sure
from rocks entrance music holding the belt to the epic walkouts of diaz and Masvidal. Pure theatre.
It's a grey rainy monday morning here and fck, wish it was Sat nite again.

Not sure we'll ever get a funner/more hyped ppv than 244. It was almost perfect.

Been an MMA fan since the Chuck Liddell days and Saturday was one of the few times I stayed up early hours to watch the event, was one of the best I've seen.

On Diaz; I like the guy, something endearing about him, but I admit he's a bit of a diva outside the ring and his whole 'gangster' act is a bit phoney. Masvidal is much more real in this respect, and I expected Jorge to win. It was one of the most one-sided beatdowns I've seen for a main event. People bring up Izzy vs RW but that wasn't close to this beating. Not only was Diaz floored a few times, he was also rocked with multiple shots and got ripped to the body bad (one of the kicks to the ribs floored him). Testament to how tough he is to withstand all that. But his face told the picture - because of having the wind kicked out of him with the body shots and the blood blurring his vision, round 4 and 5 would have been brutal for him. As unlike the casuals I know how good Masvidal's engine is, he can fight like that for 10 rounds his cardio and efficiency is that good, so any talk of Diaz gassing out Masvidal, when he himself was completely spent, is ludicrous given their state at the end of round 3.

Diaz would have won the fight. No doubt. My money is on diaz in the rematch. He ate some serious strikes like the skeletton king. His cardio is on a whole different lvl....even if masvidal is praising his own gas tank. No way he could survive 5 rounds with Diaz.

Back