Rumored UFC 242 to be a Russian showcase.

Any chance we might see Saki again on this card?

wjk2gCx_NzU.jpg
[/QUOT

Mohammed would be rolling in his grave

I think they are getting a sufficient number of Arabi-esque fighters.
Not everyone that's Muslim is an Arab or "Arabi-esque". I assume you're Jewish? Genetically, you'd probably be a lot closer to an Arab and more "Arabi-esque" than these Dagestani/Chechen figures are.

Not everyone that's Muslim is an Arab or "Arabi-esque". I assume you're Jewish? Genetically, you'd probably be a lot closer to an Arab and more "Arabi-esque" than these Dagestani/Chechen figures are.
I meant solely for satisfying the local crowd. They are all "brothers", like they call Abdelazziz. And I am Levantine!

Looks ok. Imadaev and Abubaker aren't that great.

good. There are a lot of really talented fighters who can be on the card.

Every Russian wins except Khabib probably.

How funny is it going to be when Khabib loses in front of his friends, fans and family lolololol

Most of them are gonna get destroyed (except for Khabib).
Dustin has no wrestling and will get wrestlefooked.

They are a good filler though for what is going to be one of the most uneventful events.

They are a good filler though for what is going to be one of the most uneventful events.

lol, Taisumov, Makhachev and Naurdiev are great to watch. All of them are probably gonna be on this card.

they have signed raisov ?
There were rumors that he was going to sign. It's the only explanation for why he was scheduled to be on the prelims of ACA 96, considering he's one of ACA's biggest stars.

It technically is a republic of Russia. so I think it would be like having all Puerto Rican fighters and calling it an American showcase. if that makes sense?

Dagestan's wiki page is funny. Go to 'notable people" and its jsut a list of 100 fighters. literally
Peurto Rico isn't attatched to the American mainland like the Caucasus are in Russia.

Taisumov's UFC career has depressed me. Has been fighting once a year against middling competition forever.

i mean i didn't mean literally, just seems like 98 % of their last names end in v.
That's the way surnames works in Dagestan. If you translate them, surnames Magomedov/Aliev/Akhmedov means that you are a son of Magomed/Ali/Akhmed. If you are female, that add "a" as the last letter to surname.

I wonder if there will be any WMMA on the card. Seems unlikely to me.

Maybe they will, don't seem to have a problem with women competing in the big bjj championship there, Antonina Shevchenko fought on an mma card in the UAE just a few months ago.

Maybe they will, don't seem to have a problem with women competing in the big bjj championship there, Antonina Shevchenko fought on an mma card in the UAE just a few months ago.
Fair enough

Back