UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

For those who can never get enough Gianni The Greek. Cory Sandhagen is easy money:

HAHA, he even used the term "easy money"!!! Sandhagen is completely doomed now. I'm just thankful he didn't curse any of the fighters I've bet on or am contemplating doing so.

On a related note, I don't think I've ever come across so much incorrect and irrelevant bullshit about gambling in just 3 minutes. I wish everyone bet like Gianni the Greek.

Also, what's the line on Gianni ranking Sandhagen as the "3rd best bantamweight" because he hasn't even heard of Aljimain Sterling? At least -300, right?

Last edited:
This event being in California means fighters can only rehydrate up to 10% of their weight class limit

This event being in California means fighters can only rehydrate up to 10% of their weight class limit

That's not the way it works. Last time they had an event in California, Fight Night Sacramento, a great many fighters rehydrated far more than 10% of their weight class limit.

What happens is that the CSAC will merely suggest that they go up a weight class under these circumstances.

Pedantic- but I am pretty sure that they can re-hydrate and balloon up as much as they want for this weekend. No one is going to pull them off the card for doing so. They'll just incur an issue down the road if they want to come back to fight in the state of California where they won't get a license to fight there without some more rigorous testing and medical evaluation because they'll get recommended to move up a weight class.

Yeah you're right, my bad, found this shortly after posting

"CSAC rules state that any fighters who come in higher than 10 percent above their contracted weight class in a fight-day weight check can be recommended to move up a division in the future"

The more I think about my bet on Nate, the more I dislike it.

If Pettis wins a decision, everyone will be like, "it was so obvious, Nate doesn't check leg kicks".

If Nate wins, it'll be way more of a shock.

In a 5 rounder, I think Nate for sure beats Pettis with his pressure. 3 rounds favors Pettis a lot more.

I've been a fan of Nate's since 2006, gotta ride with him until the wheels fall off, though.

Congrats on the solid results. Curious why you think cormier wins? First fight felt like stipe was the better boxer, stronger clinch, and aside from the KO won the fight. If he doesnt KO stipe, do you think he wins a decision?
Aside from getting KO’d in R1 Stipe won the fight, huh?

Well put. I sensed fear in DC's voice when he said "I just don't think he's good enough."
Felt like DC was overcompensating; he knows Stipe was an even match if not more.
Also, it seems like DC almost eye poked him again right before the final clinch. It's the final left hand he extends right before the knockout punch.
With all that said, I think Stipe has the psychological edge going into this fight.
The guy that got starched inside 1 round by a guy that’s undefeated at HW has the psychological edge?

all this hodge podge stuff about the DC fight, I think it will be a much closer fight than people think, don't think there is much value either way at current lines. people expecting this to be a walkover for DC will have a rude awakening. Happy to eat the humble pie if Stipe gets sparked early again.

The more I think about my bet on Nate, the more I dislike it.

If Pettis wins a decision, everyone will be like, "it was so obvious, Nate doesn't check leg kicks".

If Nate wins, it'll be way more of a shock.

In a 5 rounder, I think Nate for sure beats Pettis with his pressure. 3 rounds favors Pettis a lot more.

I've been a fan of Nate's since 2006, gotta ride with him until the wheels fall off, though.

I’d take solace in the fact that Pettis simply cannot and has never been able to handle consistent forward pressure. Wonderboy was imo the most impressive win of his career and WB is the polar opposite of a consistent forward pressure fighter. (consider hypothetically had this fight taken place 6 months ago Nate would be a -255 favorite)

RDA, Barboza, Max, Tony...they just kind of walked him down and he eventually crumbled (Max in 2, Tony in 2)

Now 5 rounds would definitely favor Nate and I’d feel way better about betting him fairly large if it was but Nate can still get it done in 3. Leg kicks or not Nate is going to be in his face walking him down the whole fight and he’s never been able to deal with that

I’d take solace in the fact that Pettis simply cannot and has never been able to handle consistent forward pressure. Wonderboy was imo the most impressive win of his career and WB is the polar opposite of a consistent forward pressure fighter. (consider hypothetically had this fight taken place 6 months ago Nate would be a -255 favorite)

RDA, Barboza, Max, Tony...they just kind of walked him down and he eventually crumbled (Max in 2, Tony in 2)

Now 5 rounds would definitely favor Nate and I’d feel way better about betting him fairly large if it was but Nate can still get it done in 3. Leg kicks or not Nate is going to be in his face walking him down the whole fight and he’s never been able to deal with that
Those guys are a former champ, former contender, current champ/goat, and current contender. Nate Diaz is multiple levels below them and all of them tear Nate in half.

That's why I initially bet on him, his forward pressure and ability to break people. And WB sat there and let Pettis kick his legs from a distance, he was never at any point in the time up in his face, until he backed him up towards the cage at the end of the second.

However, Nate usually takes a round to find his range. Round 1 should almost always go in the way of Pettis, and I could very well see round 2 being close, and Nate dominating round 3 but not getting a 10-8, and losing a close decision. If it went 2 more rounds, Nate would finish him imo.

I'm actually the most confident in Costa, I should've went harder on him. I rewatched all of Romero's older fights, before Bobby Knuckles, and Costa could very easily finish him in round 1.

Kennedy almost finished him, Brunson was winning. I wont even count the Cavalcante fight, because Romero was rather new to MMA, and I don't expect Costa to hit him with a spinning backfist.

I know Costa has holes in his wrestling game, but I think Romero has even more in his standup game that we've seen exploited. The two fights with Whittaker fucked his eye up permanently, and who knows how much mileage that added to him. Not to mention, he's been out for a long time, struggled to make weight even before this layoff, so this cut will probably be brutal for him.

Those guys are a former champ, former contender, current champ/goat, and current contender. Nate Diaz is multiple levels below them and all of them tear Nate in half.

I agree max and tony are at a higher caliber but the details in the matchups are key #1 in every single fight and although I disagree about them tearing him in half it doesn’t really matter what they would or wouldn’t do to Nate.

However, Nate usually takes a round to find his range. Round 1 should almost always go in the way of Pettis, and I could very well see round 2 being close, and Nate dominating round 3 but not getting a 10-8, and losing a close decision. If it went 2 more rounds, Nate would finish him imo.
Both Johnson and Conor (x2) won R1 in numbers, but both also have equal or higher output stats in general. Niaz landed 25 strikes on average in R1 in those. Pettis has averaged 15 strikes in R1 against strikers since losing the belt and never gotten over 20. I think Nate can win R1 with pressure and few flurries towards the end unless he gets knocked down or visibly hurt by leg kicks.

It's only Wednesday and the interview Yoel did 10 hours ago, he looked so drained.

Can only imagine how bad he's going to look when he weighs in.

Is there any way Nate getting high a few days out can effect the fight? In terms of drug testing? Wouldn't want to see this get cancelled for the sake of a joint

Is there any way Nate getting high a few days out can effect the fight? In terms of drug testing? Wouldn't want to see this get cancelled for the sake of a joint
I think THC is the problem which is absent in what he was smoking.

Back