UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by JimGunn, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Captain Crunch28

Captain Crunch28 Green Belt

If stipes chin holds up, he will win

Masterbettor likes this.
  2. lawmills2006

lawmills2006 Purple Belt

From what I've seen from Heinisch, he gets taken down a lot, but gets up pretty quickly. From what I remember, Brunson is pretty good at taking/keeping people down. I havent seen much of Heinisch forward pressuring either (correct me if im wrong), so that should work in Brunsons favour also.

Leaning towards Brunson for the value play.

Naterade, Sono07 and Gugabe like this.
  3. Gugabe

Gugabe Purple Belt

Yeah. Hard to trust Brunson to do the right thing, but he's never really been beaten by just pure hustle before.

4. ApplesVild

ApplesVild Black Belt

Can Brunson takedown and keep down Heinisch for 3 rounds though? 1 maybe but Bruson dies after a round at high work rate

wufabufa likes this.
  5. lawmills2006

lawmills2006 Purple Belt

Old footage I know, but he managed maintaining a work rate against Romero fine until he got Phantom Zoned in the third. Also against Silva he didnt seemed too bothered going 3 (I know people like to shit on Old man Silva, but I think considering he held up fine against Stylebender, I dont get it so much)

Ultimately for me, its whether Brunson can not brain fart for 3 rounds. Against someone who doesn't seem to have ridiculous power / striking accuracy and doesn't push the pace, Im willing to take a stab.

6. Oblivian

Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

I'm on Kang too. As long as this isn't an extended striking match (which he still has a chance), he should win.

Stunna77, Naught2Sixty and Rickson like this.
  7. HeadsUpPoker

HeadsUpPoker Orange Belt

I am on Kang too, but i dont like his current line. Brandon Davis is huge for the division. Kang usually has a height/reach advantage, but that wont be the case against Brandon Davis. I think its pretty close standing up, might even give the edge to Brandon Davis, however Kang will probably get the rounds with his takedowns.

Jordan3399 likes this.
  8. Naught2Sixty

Naught2Sixty Black Belt

That Yoel fight was pre usada too

9. Jordan3399

Jordan3399 Purple Belt

Basically it, Kangs the rightful fav given the closeness in the striking and Kang being able to hit TDs but the lines probably about accurate. Hard to be confident in either guy given both guys have a tendency to fight wild at times.

I prefer the FGTD Dec on it, only real way it gets stopped is a Kang sub but he's never actually subbed anyone great before and Davis doesn't have bad BJJ just a lack of wrestling.

10. BigNick100

BigNick100 Green Belt

What is this nonsense that Ian doesn’t push the pace? On the feet he will consistently stay in your face, he will use leg kicks to chop you down. He will throw body and head kicks. He will threaten with his power right hand, all while staying on your face. He will always be coming forward. On the ground he can grind and and have a high work rate when he is on top. Bring the pressure doesn’t just mean on the feet. And in the clinch he will grid, land knees to the body and elbows to the head when breaking the clinch. I find its funny people are saying he doesn’t push a pace. Also, he will get up from under Brunson if he gets taken down, there is no doubt in my mind. Brunson can win round one with wrestling but good luck doing that for 3 rounds. Yea he did that to Romero for two rounds but that was 29 year old Brunson, this is 35 year old Brunson who Is slower and has even been finished cold a few times since.

One thing I haven’t heard one person mention is Ian jits off his back. He has underrated Jits and will use it if he gets the chance as well.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  11. Soccer Steve

Soccer Steve Purple Belt

I love the casual, dismissive takes towards DC, the guy who only loses to Jon Jones with a needle in his ass cheek. Keep poking that Stipe line, please and thanks.

12. Soccer Steve

Soccer Steve Purple Belt

...and his wins are against Elias (cut), Machida (late career fraud / fluke merchant), Dan Kelly (washed).

13. Sadistics

Sadistics Purple Belt

With you all the way, I'm seeing this fight as a pickem with big value on Jodie, yet still having trouble going more than 1u

14. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

I'm surprised you see it that way. I think this is such a great matchup for Cifers. She's fighting another small straweight in Esquibel who won't have a size advantage on her like many opponents including Maycee Barber did, and won't be skilled or strong enough to wrestle her and keep her down or submit her and try that game plan. And Jodie isn't a great kicker either. So it ends up being a striking with mostly boxing match where an aggressive Cifers has the power and boxing volume advantage. I'm way more impressed with Cifers so far beating a bigger girl like Polyana Viana in the UFC than Jodie Esquibel's best win which is what, eking out a split decision over DeAnna Bennett in Invicta in 2017?

15. Sadistics

Sadistics Purple Belt

You can say all the same things about Jodie, finally getting someone she's bigger than that doesn't have a wrestling or sub threat. I see it being mostly a boxing match where Jodie throws more volume. Neither have great kicks but Jodie's teep kicks are more eye catching. Cifers has the power advantage but both girls do a great job of no-selling strikes they absorb, and I think it's more likely Cifers gets caught off balance with her head straight up.

16. Austisthunder

Austisthunder Blue Belt

Agreed, the only danger in this is that we are way overhyping the Viana win.

But with that being said Cifers is my biggest pick this week, unless theres a major aberration in both fighters from their past i fail to see how cifers doesnt win here

Naught2Sixty likes this.
  17. Xuh

Xuh Red Belt

I'm not sure if I'm actually going to bet on Esquibel (I'm going to bet the over though) but I do think the line should be much closer, she's got lots of experience, boxing base, a bit better technique (yeah, I know, 'lol'), will throw more, big gym prep, finally has an opponent the same size, etc

18. Naught2Sixty

Naught2Sixty Black Belt

Although it resulted in a unanimous loss, I thought Jodies fight with Hill was a career best performance. Fighting a much taller wacky wavy inflatable arm flailing tube woman with weird head movement she still managed to blitz forward in ways I've barely seen from her.

Poly isn't good in the least. In fact shes looked worse in every subsequent fight in the ufc.

19. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Green Belt

If there's anything I learned this past month it's don't pay juice for wmma unless ur name is nunes/valentina/cyborg. -200 to almost -300 is absurd for cifers and I like her since she won me monies vs poly.

Stunna77, 2bet, Sono07 and 2 others like this.
  20. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Card and lifeisgood12345 like this.