UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by JimGunn, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Paulsp

Paulsp Purple Belt

According to DC rumble hits harder

2. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

The left hand pokes the left eye and scrapes across his entire face immediately before the clinch that KO’s stipe.

325underdog likes this.
  3. Rickson

Rickson LOL @ Askren & his fans who thought he was elite

Doesn’t look like the left side is touched to me. He clashed a bit with his nose but I don’t think it made a difference anyway because DC is the better fighter imo.

[​IMG]

4. ApplesVild

ApplesVild Black Belt

Nate looking in good shape, Pettis looking a little fluffy

edole likes this.
  5. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

it very clearly makes first contact with stipe's left eye

anyway you can believe what you want, but its obvious the eye pokes had a direct effect on the result of the first fight.

6. ApplesVild

ApplesVild Black Belt

Eventually you have to accepted that Rickson is kind of a tool....

325underdog likes this.
  7. Pfooter24

Pfooter24 White Belt

Brandon davis'achilles heal like all fighters from mississippi (knight Belcher Sherman etc.) is wrestling. And it's not his fault, Wrestling is non existent in ms. Literally no wrestling schools. It's still not a high school or college sport here. Kid's in other states grow up wrestling. So they tend to struggle against strong grapplers. Kang can grapple but I don't know about this one

Stunna77 likes this.
  8. HeadsUpPoker

HeadsUpPoker Orange Belt

A lot of people putting big on Cifers. I think she should be the favorite, but is she really that good? She has no kicking game(Her kicks looks terrible imo) and all she has is some mediocre boxing. She is pretty bad at closing the distance and got pierced up by Maycee barber badly. She doesnt move her head that well and even got knocked down by momentarily by Polyana Viana, with whom she has a close split decision fight with.

Esquibel is bad in her own way, but she moves around a lot and loses many rounds due to being pressured back and taking hits for doing so. She has fast hands, but misses a lot.

Should CIfers be the favorite? Yes. Should it be so wide? Not in my opinion. Perhaps i missed something waching Cifers tape, but i did not thinks she looked good. I can see Esquibel winning.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  9. Jordan3399

Jordan3399 Purple Belt

Cifers is good, her striking is solid but she struggles sometimes cause she's a natural atomweight and has fought girls two natural flyweights back to back. It's harder to close the distance striking and kick when there's a TD threat which Viana and Barber offered but that won't be an issue with Esquibel plus Esquibel is another former atomweight who won't be able to just bully her at times. Her kicks are decent too imo, not great but she mixes them in well, that should be another thing she can throw more freely on another smaller fighter without the risk of a counter.

I was happy playing her at -200 but seeing her -325 in some places seems a bit crazy as terrible as Esquibel is.

HeadsUpPoker and theTKDguy like this.
  10. Rickson

Rickson LOL @ Askren & his fans who thought he was elite

Stick to repeating why Pettis will lose

11. theTKDguy

theTKDguy Platinum Native

Romero and heinisch' lines improving.

12. theTKDguy

theTKDguy Platinum Native

Stipe seems to be very motivated but most importantly in pretty high spirits. Big reason why i love to bet against former champs in immediate rematches against the guys who dethroned them is cause they can't recover mentally from a loss and enter the fight with lots of self doubt or simply too obesessed. Coming up with a better gameplan and improving weak areas is enough of a task, but they also have to overcome defeat psychologically. It's simply too much to ask, one fight removed. I don't sense this kind of attitude in stipe, everything ive seen from him indicates his aproach has been the right one. If his head is on a good place, he has great chances to win this one. While i think cormier is the all around better fighter, if stipe let's him come to him instead of going all out, overaggresive and getting himself into the clinch, this could be a very tough fight for cormier. I may trade out and enjoy this one.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  13. mposhtkouhi

mposhtkouhi Green Belt

theTKDguy likes this.
  14. Invictis

Invictis Purple Belt

What's the over/under on Romero missing weight? 188.5, calling it.

15. ApplesVild

ApplesVild Black Belt

If he even shows to fight, I feel a pull out coming up.

Invictis likes this.
  16. mposhtkouhi

mposhtkouhi Green Belt

I am as well should sub him in the 2nd

17. Bull Hurley

Bull Hurley White Belt

Cormier's left hand pokes Stipe's right eye. Stipe has a clear grimace on his face almost immediately, then it goes into the clinch. Stipe is definitely still registering the aggressive eyepoke as he is just standing there as DC lands the ko blow.

18. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

Cormier’s left hand hits the left eye first, then rakes across the face and right eye just before the clinch

19. Stefan Arambasic

Stefan Arambasic White Belt

With you on this one. My first impression of Esquibel was damn this short notice girl did ok against Karolina. Boxing is her strength and it showed. She also tagged Hill quite a bit. I think shes underated, and shes finaly fighting someone her size, who is also a brawler. Cifers head movement is also nothing to write home about, but she does have power. I could easily cap this at pickem. Close 3 round brawl with both girls hurting eachother.

Stunna77 and HeadsUpPoker like this.
  20. HeadsUpPoker

HeadsUpPoker Orange Belt

I just remember thinking her kicks looked awful and something i see in the beginners muay thai classes. This is only her leg kicks, as i dont quite remember her throwing body kicks.
    The thing is that Esquibel has a really weird style for WMMA. She is backing up and hitting her opponents, but it doesnt really affect them, so whenever she gets hits against the cage, it is way more memorable than her strikes.. She has 3 split decisions and a close fight against Jessica Aguilar on her record. I think she will make it very close and thats the reason i am gonna play her. After losing to Karolina, she actually adjusted her style a bit. She used to back up straight with her head in the air and Karolina figured this out in round 2 and changed this habit against Aguilar. I think she is getting better, but just very slowly lol

Stunna77 likes this.