UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

Pettis gassed then went down from a body kick, he didn't even get dropped either just crumpled mainly from body shots which would have been compounded by the bad weight cut. For a start Diaz doesn't rip the body like that nor does he have any power when he does. Max throws volume but he still has way more power than Diaz, better footwork, timing, defence etc.

Pettis has never been dropped unlike Nate who was repeatedly by Conor and by guys like Benson and then Thompson who finished him.

As for their defence anybody with a basic knowledge of striking can see Diaz defence is significantly worse, and when he's also going to be on the receiving end of most of the hard shots thats going to be an issue.

Pettis quit in his last three loses. Against Holloway he he took the kick and then just sat crouched against the fence until the ref came in and saved him. Then afterwards he talks about the broken hand. Then against Dustin he taps to a body triangle, then claims a broken rib. Then against Tony he quits on the stool and claims another broken hand.

That is showing a lack of will somewhere.

To say Holloway has way more power than Diaz is just nonsense and based on nothing factual, complete guess.

Pettis folds to pressure, backs up to the cage, once backed up he might try something flashy but he also might just get beat up. Diaz got dropped by the best left in the division but still went on to unarguably win that fight and that was with taking a lot of leg kicks too. He took the left's, took the leg kicks and kept fighting and went to a disbutable decision.

For me this is a fight between two guys out of their prime, both are in decline they're just big names so it's interesting. Pettis doesn't take damage well, and has taken a lot in his past 6 or 7 fights. Diaz may be rusty, he also maybe feeling fresh and injury free from the lay off. To me it's a 50/50 fight, why not the take the taller, longer, fresher underdog?

How about Mazo? She got surprised by Moroz abandoning her air punching game, got taken down and got her nose busted, but came back strong in round 3. Trains at King's MMA as the only pro woman there. Not sure if it's a good thing. Only 21 so could be developing fast. Dobson trains at some borderline amateur team and comes back after 16 months lay-off. Lost r1 agains Beck (who pretty much tapped on strikes in r2) because of kicks (and maybe also because of southpole opponent?). Had a good fight against Mueller but still clearly lost.
Can Dobson wrestle? That’s all I need to know after seeing mazos first fight

I mean I really don't care enough either way to be honest, but how is it desperate?

Nate does naturally have the bigger frame, thus it is better suited to WW. Nate has actually had more fights at WW than Pettis. He does have the longer reach he does have the higher out put he does have the better cardio. What did I say that isn't true? Has Nate ever quit in the corner? Has Nate tapped to not a submission?

Just because my pick doesn't match yours doesn't make it desperate, it just makes it different.
I'm just saying you're repeating a lot of the same stuff regarding Diaz, I wouldn't be confident in either fighter considering it's such a toss up in how both of them will show up.

Diaz will gladly take 5 punches to throw 1 but in a 3 rounder it's unlikely he does enough to get a win on the scorecards. In contrast, him walking Pettis and pressuring could lead to Pettis panicking and not being able to use his kickboxing range. If he gets pressured quite heavily for 3 full rounds he will most likely gas trying to keep up with Diaz.

My question is how certain can anybody here be with any of the possible outcomes, where as passing and leaving it for live might be the better choice.

This time ref will be extra aware of eye pokes, so that path to victory won't be there anymore, Stipe as an underdog is value.

This time ref will be extra aware of eye pokes, so that path to victory won't be there anymore
tenor.gif

I'm on Stipe too and people are making me nervous with these justifications.

Pettis quit in his last three loses. Against Holloway he he took the kick and then just sat crouched against the fence until the ref came in and saved him. Then afterwards he talks about the broken hand. Then against Dustin he taps to a body triangle, then claims a broken rib. Then against Tony he quits on the stool and claims another broken hand.

That is showing a lack of will somewhere.

To say Holloway has way more power than Diaz is just nonsense and based on nothing factual, complete guess.

Pettis folds to pressure, backs up to the cage, once backed up he might try something flashy but he also might just get beat up. Diaz got dropped by the best left in the division but still went on to unarguably win that fight and that was with taking a lot of leg kicks too. He took the left's, took the leg kicks and kept fighting and went to a disbutable decision.

For me this is a fight between two guys out of their prime, both are in decline they're just big names so it's interesting. Pettis doesn't take damage well, and has taken a lot in his past 6 or 7 fights. Diaz may be rusty, he also maybe feeling fresh and injury free from the lay off. To me it's a 50/50 fight, why not the take the taller, longer, fresher underdog?

If you think Diaz is anywhere near the level of Holloway, Poirier and Tony especially with regards to pressuring you couldn't be more wrong.

As Holloways power it might not be great but it is still levels above Diaz. Diaz never hurts anyone, even the handful of TKO wins he has are mostly where he used his BJJ to take the back then just GNP them.

I'm just saying you're repeating a lot of the same stuff regarding Diaz, I wouldn't be confident in either fighter considering it's such a toss up in how both of them will show up.

Diaz will gladly take 5 punches to throw 1 but in a 3 rounder it's unlikely he does enough to get a win on the scorecards. In contrast, him walking Pettis and pressuring could lead to Pettis panicking and not being able to use his kickboxing range. If he gets pressured quite heavily for 3 full rounds he will most likely gas trying to keep up with Diaz.

My question is how certain can anybody here be with any of the possible outcomes, where as passing and leaving it for live might be the better choice.

I'm not certain and I can see a path to victory for both guys, but that's the same for every fight really. I just bet for fun and to see if the fight plays out how I imagine it.

I see Diaz doing just that, pressuring and shutting off Pettis. Limiting his space to kick, but obviously he's going to take some. Holloway was able to overwhelm him with volume and pressure within 3 rounds, it only took Ferguson 2. Diaz doesn't have their pressure or level of volume but hes similar in that sense, and who knows maybe he will even pack a little more power too

If you think Diaz is anywhere near the level of Holloway, Poirier and Tony especially with regards to pressuring you couldn't be more wrong.

As Holloways power it might not be great but it is still levels above Diaz. Diaz never hurts anyone, even the handful of TKO wins he has are mostly where he used his BJJ to take the back then just GNP them.

I just mentioned that in my last reply to Red, I agree he doesn't have the same pressure or volume of Max or Ferg, but he has a similar approach just in his own way. Throws a lot more strikes than Pettis and moves forward throughout, once he starts landing he ups the pressure. If Pettis slows as the fight goes on that pressure will increase.

Holloways TKO's don't come from power they come from accumulated damage, he's not knocking any one dead, just a silly argument to make.

Last edited:
I am on Diaz and Kenney as underdogs

And

Heinisch as a -145 favorite.

Pettis looks really bloated at WW, especially for a guy who tends to rely on pure athleticism in his fights.

I dont think Pettis has what it takes to prevent Diaz from.marching forward with combos. I understand he can kick Diaz in the leg, but Diaz also understands that.

I understand he can kick Diaz in the leg, but Diaz also understands that.
Lol Diaz, doesnt understand anything, if you are really gonna bank on Diaz somehow being able to check legkicks after 15 yrs of fighting, then prepare to be disappointed lol.

Lol Diaz, doesnt understand anything, if you are really gonna bank on Diaz somehow being able to check legkicks after 15 yrs of fighting, then prepare to be disappointed lol.
I thought Diaz was defending legkicks a bit better in second fight against Connor.

Last edited:
I thought Diaz did was defending legkicks a bit better in second fight against Connor.
The second fight was when was when Conor really started using them, the first he just spammed bolo punches lol. Nate checked a handful but not many, his stance prevents it largely with so much weight on his lead leg.

The second fight was when was when Conor really started using them, the first he just spammed bolo punches lol. Nate checked a handful but not many, his stance prevents it largely with so much weight on his lead leg.
Yeah, Diaz started to check them as second fight went on and defended at least partially maybe every third from second round on.

No I dont think he will be checking leg kicks lol but i think he will be prepared for leg kicks.

Pettis doesnt kick like RDA or Barboza for that matter.

Diaz has been getting kicked in his lead leg his entire career, and he is usually able to endure and counter with face punches.

Face punches > leg kicks

Usually.

Nate looks and sounds like shit

Confidence increase in wheaties box boy

Back