PBP UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2: Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT

I think Cormier found seemed to lose energy quicker when they were clinching and even after that extended exchange after the takedown. Grappling with a big guy who has reasonable wrestling seemed to put DC off the grappling. Probably felt it was more energy efficient to stand if the fight wore on.
Stipe was nervous initially and it showed, but he got more comfortable as the fight went on. If they fought 100 times I'd see Stipe winning 75.

Cardio was definitely a big issue I'd agree, not that Stipe wasn't tired as well(maybe a bit less) but I think a tired fight favoured him. Cormier showed he could land on Stipe well again BUT to do that he needed to be more active darting in and out with quick punches where as just exchanging shots from range he was at a clear disadvantage reach wise.

I would favour Stipe in a 3rd fight having seen(spastically age wise) this but equally Cormier still landed a lot of good punchs on him early and it could be that not getting hurt here was the upset.

He loves it. These haters will make him rich.
no they won't because no one wants to watch him fight. They want him to lose but they don't want to pay to watch him. They won't even watch him for free.

no they won't because no one wants to watch him fight. They want him to lose but they don't want to pay to watch him. They won't even watch him for free.

Yes they will. Don't underestimate the power of a heel. He may not get Conor rich, but he'll do a lot better than someone that gives off no personality at all. Probably more along the lines of Jon Jones rich. Also, Colby has a lot of fans, of course they are going to hate the Trump supporter in friggin NY and Cali.

Yes they will. Don't underestimate the power of a heel. He may not get Conor rich, but he'll do a lot better than someone that gives off no personality at all. Probably more along the lines of Jon Jones rich. Also, Colby has a lot of fans, of course they are going to hate the Trump supporter in friggin NY and Cali.
his free cards have record low viewership. He's boring in the cage and a really bad Chael Sonnen impersonator outside of the cage. No one is tuning in to see him. He's not getting close to Jon Jones in any way.

his free cards have record low viewership. He's boring in the cage and a really bad Chael Sonnen impersonator outside of the cage. No one is tuning in to see him. He's not getting close to Jon Jones in any way.

Hey nerd, it's the Covington era, sit back and hail the 170 king.

Great fight by Stipe. He lost the first two rounds but adjusted in the 3rd.

DC has always been vulnerable to body shots and he broke him down with those hooks to the body throughout the round. Then DC drop his guard leaves him open for those right hands and head shots.
Jones exploited the same weakness of DC.

DC is also a dirty fighter, poking eyes and all that so it's sweet seeing him getting KO'd lol.

Yes he was interim champion and no one cares to watch him.

Oh you mean the most recent card? That was a disaster on paper. Wait and see now that he has more notoriety. Besides, just being the champion gets you nice pay days.

Oh you mean the most recent card? That was a disaster on paper. Wait and see now that he has more notoriety. Besides, just being the champion gets you nice pay days.
You said he would make money like Jon Jones, one of the highest paid MMA fighters of all time, not a typical unpopular champion. If he becomes champion he will make good money but nothing like Jon Jones. People actually buy Jones PPVs for him.

Don't know what's been said, but even though he lost I felt like that was a career defining fight for DC. That was incredible.

You said he would make money like Jon Jones, one of the highest paid MMA fighters of all time, not a typical unpopular champion. If he becomes champion he will make good money but nothing like Jon Jones. People actually buy Jones PPVs for him.

Why does it matter so much to you cupcake? Does the thought of Colby make your soy milk taste worse?

Why does it matter so much to you cupcake? Does the thought of Colby make your soy milk taste worse?
why does it matter so much to you? You said something stupid so I pointed it out. Colby annoys me but I don't hold it against him I know he is putting on an act because the UFC was going to cut him.

DC was almost finished by Gustafson. The finish wasn’t much of a surprise

@paynebringer
Hey man....just wanna say big up to your tapology predictions on tonight's event..... 49th overall is excellent, with 9 outta 12 right. Good work.

sure beat my bad predictions tonight, lol.

l89tvGH.gif

Stipe is the man. I had him losing going into the 4th but he adjusted and worked that body hook and finished DC.

First up DC is a legend. Seems like an awesome bloke. Not too impressed with some of his chatter pre fight given how this played out. I do think DC was a little too lacking in respect to the best heavyweight of all time (opinion) AND NEW...… Stipe.

Remarked to myself Stipe looked lean before the fight, I didn't hear their weights beforehand.

DC seemed significantly faster during the first 3 rounds though, not even slower in the fourth just gassed.

Pumped he got his belt back. DC eye poking again, after claiming the high ground against Jones over and over (not hard) he should not be doing this. Makes me even happier Stipe won. After 3 rounds and a slam (looked like Stipe managed to take some sting out of this in the replay, It didn't look that way to me as it was happening) I could see nothing but a DC win. I thought DC clocked Stipe over and over with shots very similar to the first fight KO, and Stipe just kept eating them. After the first KO I was like this is just a matter of time before Stipe goes down hard.

Those body shots in the fourth though, Jesus Christ I was wincing. I need to watch that again, I think he hit him in the same spot like 8 or more times. Stipe should have slipped a few more a bit earlier.

I hope DC retires now for his sake. After this fight I cant see Stipe losing to DC again. Don't fight the cheat either DC.

Chatter of Nganou make me laugh. I hope Stipe embarrasses him again if they fight.

Also super happy Nate won, he looked great. Would love to see Nate ruin Masvidal. But you never know which way MMA is gonna go.

I assumed Yoel would win, never seen Costa fight, hes one tough dude. Tough call, I think costa deserved two rounds but if theyd have announced Romero the winner it wouldn't have surprised me. He came on strong from half way through to the end.

I hope DC retires now for his sake. After this fight I cant see Stipe losing to DC again. Don't fight the cheat either DC.
I hope not. He can still hang in there with anybody (including Stipe) and is making nice money. But at least we will stop hearing about third Jones fight from now on...

Back