UFC 240 vs ONE Championship: Dawn Of Heroes

Another vote for One

If One continues to get better fighters, it may actually become the main competition of the UFC. I really like the round cage, production, rules, etc

Rizn is awesome too
Not sure about the cage but, generally, I enjoy it a lot.

ONE does look pretty good, how is Alvarez on a semi-final coming off a loss?

Is this ufc card an actual ppv? This is the exact opposite of a stacked card.

If I reflexively say the thing that isn't UFC is better than the UFC, will you all consider me a super knowledgeable, hip, and fucking woke fan of MMA?

Came to say "Who the fook".
Then I checked his record and saw that he just beat one of the most decorated Lumpinee champs.
Haggerty is an animal. This was his ONE debut. (Lasiri ended up surviving the elbow and the rest of the fight was surprisingly competitive.)

Will be cool to see if Alvarez can come back strong

ONE does look pretty good, how is Alvarez on a semi-final coming off a loss?
Unfortunately, like most tournaments that are spread out over a long period of time, the brackets are fucked due to injuries and other unforseen circumstances.
Only 1 of the semi finalists won a quarter final.

Eddie lost his, and Eduard wasn't even in it....he wasn't even the first alternate. He was the champ unsuccessfully defending his belt when the quarterfinals were happening.

def ONE for me just because i love seeing eddie alvarez get knocked the fuck out

1. It's less about opponent more about the person who fights. It's freaking MM, one of the best fighters in the history of a sport. Max Holloway isn't even the best fighter in the history of his division.
2. After the fight with Wakamatsu, which was anything but easy for MM, he fights an opponent who is even more interesting and versatile. ONE's flyweight division has always been a Terra Incognita for UFC fighters, and every matchup there is intriguing.
it's fine to prefer mm but don't invent a stupid reason. max isn't even the best fighter in the history of his division??? lol. that's the standard?

and you can sell mm however you want, but he was never able to draw much of a following despite being one of the best ever.

so basically Max + Frankie + Cyborg vs Alvarez, Folayand, MM
Haggerty vs Rodtang in a MT title bout is by far the best fight on that card. That will be fucking awesome.

One wins by a landslide IMO. UFC 240 is weak as fuck and I'm a big Holloway fan.

1. It's less about opponent more about the person who fights. It's freaking MM, one of the best fighters in the history of a sport. Max Holloway isn't even the best fighter in the history of his division.
2. After the fight with Wakamatsu, which was anything but easy for MM, he fights an opponent who is even more interesting and versatile. ONE's flyweight division has always been a Terra Incognita for UFC fighters, and every matchup there is intriguing.
I think you might be missing the point. You're downplaying Frankie Edgar and talking up Wada. If anything, shouldn't MM require tougher opponents than Max? Shouldn't he be subject to more scrutiny for quality of opposition, if we're going to play that game?

Now you're claiming that it's more about MM being > Max. if that's the case, why put a lame spin on the description of their opponents?

I agree that the One card is better, btw.

Back