UFC 240 Proposed Main Card

ChinaMMABlog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now that Holloway vs. Edgar will headline UFC 240, what should the rest of the card look like?

My proposed card is:

Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar (main event for UFC featherweight title)
Brian Ortega vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov (co-main event)
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili
Chris Weidman vs. Jack Hermansson
Al Iaquinta vs. Edson Barboza

Thoughts? What would your main card picks be?

Barboza and RDA need to stop only facing wrestlers.

We pretty much get it at this point how that looks

They already have a good fight. The rest of the main card will be local guys vs journeymen, a WMMA fight with a combined record of 5-5, and co-maining a 40 yo legend 6 years past their prime trying to snap their 6 fight skid so they can salvage what remains of their legacy and retire on a win,

If it is indeed here, I’ll be going. That Joanna vs Weili fight would be the cherry on top for me. That would be a great card.

Yeah. I like watching Weidman lose. Would definitely watch.

Now that Holloway vs. Edgar will headline UFC 240, what should the rest of the card look like?

My proposed card is:

Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar (main event for UFC featherweight title)
Brian Ortega vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov (co-main event)
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili
Chris Weidman vs. Jack Hermansson
Al Iaquinta vs. Edson Barboza

Thoughts? What would your main card picks be?
Would be nice, but I don't see Yaquinta returning that quick, & Zhang is needed for August China card.

Also, Cyborg tweeted last week "fight news" with multiple Canadien flag emojis so I think she'll be on the card.

Max vs Edgar
Ortega vs Zabit
Cyborg vs Pena(???)
Yair vs Bektic
Krylov vs Roundtree

Ryan Jimmo should have been on this card.

R.I.P.

200.gif

Y7eDVy.gif

Would be nice, but I don't see Yaquinta returning that quick, & Zhang is needed for August China card.

Also, Cyborg tweeted last week "fight news" with multiple Canadien flag emojis so I think she'll be on the card.

Max vs Edgar
Ortega vs Zabit
Cyborg vs Pena(???)
Yair vs Bektic
Krylov vs Roundtree

I'd watch your card too, but where is the news of this China card in August? UFC WeChat group has no mention of it. Also, August is literally the worst month to promote an event in China, but they'll have to do it before October 1 because the government will shut down all public gatherings and performances to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the PRC and that could go on for at least a month.

For a second I thought this was confirmed card.My reaction; hyped

Back