UFC 239: Would you be more suprised if Holly KO's Nunes or if Santos KO's Jones?

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I can't decide.

...but I'm leaning towards Jones getting flatlined being more likely than Holly knocking out Nunes.

giphy (1).gif

Jon getting his lights put out would be a win for everything good. Might bring him some humility but I doubt that.

lol. You believe that?

Jones is going to maul this guy. Santos is going to fight not scared and its going to lead to him getting taken down and finished with gnp IMO.

holm has a much better chance for the KO, its still low but its much better than santos IMHO.

Def would be more surprised by Santos

Jones is pretty much better in every area (I hate to admit it, but its true) but people acting like Santos cant KO Jones are foolish. Thiago has crazy power and if Jones gets caught, or anyone for that matter, its game over.

And I dont think Nunes is going anywhere anytime soon.

Holly.jpg

Thiago.jpg

Holly KOing Nunes IMO.
Jon Jones might be the greatest fighting talent we've ever seen but no one is invincible and Thiago Santos knocking someone out should not be that surprising, even if it is Jon Jones.

I would be more surprised by Santos

Actually I want both of them to win (Santos and Holm), if Jones and Nunes get KO that would be amazing because they both need a piece of humility

Nobody cares about WMMA. Jones who's the GOAT getting KOd is huge.

The way the question is worded, specifically about KO'ing the opponent, I have to say I'd be more surprised if Holm knocks out Nunes.

I just think that in terms of a KO, Santos has a better chance to catch Jones with a 1-punch KO.

If the question was about which upset would be more surprising, I'd say Jones losing would be the bigger shock. Despite what I said about Santos having a better chance to KO Jones than Holm to KO Nunes, overall I could see Holm maybe out-boxing Nunes a bit and scoring more, managing to avoid some takedowns, and eking out a close decision.

There is no world where Jones loses to Santos by anything other than 1 lucky punch.

Jon Jones has barely been rocked let alone KO'd. I would be shocked if Thiago Santos KO'd Jon Jones.

I think Holly Holm can get Amanda Nunes. (1) That kick is going to be there for Holly (2) Holly is deceptively strong. Ronda and Cyborg were not able to push her around and (3) I trust Holly Holm's 5 round cardio in a grueling fight more than I trust Amanda's.

Amanda probably wins the fight, but if she doesn't (1) KO Holly or (2) decisively beat her for the first 3 rounds, then Holly will have a chance to win the fight.

I would be more surprised if Thiago ko's Jones but not by much.

Holly.jpg

Thiago.jpg

Holly KOing Nunes IMO.
Jon Jones might be the greatest fighting talent we've ever seen but no one is invincible and Thiago Santos knocking someone out should not be that surprising, even if it is Jon Jones.

Santos lost to Mousasi? Dude he's fucked

Jon getting his lights put out would be a win for everything good. Might bring him some humility but I doubt that.

<JagsKiddingMe>

One of the most tested athletes on the planet
Served years of suspensions despite being innocent
Possibly framed
Whistleblower
Greatest fighter of all time

How is Jones losing a win for everything good?

I don’t see how Holm KO’ing Nunes is more of a shock, especially since she’s already a world champion boxer and if Nunes plays into Holm’s strengths, we could very easily see a stoppage.

<JagsKiddingMe>

One of the most tested athletes on the planet
Served years of suspensions despite being innocent
Possibly framed
Whistleblower
Greatest fighter of all time

How is Jones losing a win for everything good?
<LikeReally5>

At this point, USADA actually enforcing a failed drug test for Jones would be a bigger shock than any scenario put forth in this thread.

I hope Nunes blasts Holly to the Shadowrealm so we no longer have to put up with her annual free title shot.

“ISHH ISHHH!”

Get the fuck out!

Back