UFC 239 Jones vs Santos UK PPV numbers?

Rea_ctor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm curious whether this backfired as much as I expected it to, does anyone know what the final numbers for the BT Sport PPV in the UK?

My BT Sport was up for renewal and considering I only had it for the UFC I quit my subscription.

tree_noun_001_18152.jpg

fiddy

I would be shocked if they broke 5,000 buys.

I don't think the numbers will ever come out.

I would be shocked if they broke 5,000 buys.

I don't think the numbers will ever come out.

I think the Khabib/Poirier numbers will be worse, card isn't great but then the time difference may benefit them.

I'd be surprised if they got 10k buys for 139.

Jones is past it, he got outpointed by a career journey-man. No longer a draw unless he fights DC.
62-F6-E4-F4-373-B-4-E73-BA3-E-15884-CCC3-EE5.gif

Jones is past it, he got outpointed by a career journey-man. No longer a draw unless he fights DC.
62-F6-E4-F4-373-B-4-E73-BA3-E-15884-CCC3-EE5.gif

I'm not really a Jones fan but if a fighter is past it and still undefeated then he's doing something right.

Probably expecting terrible numbers for quite some time

Soon paying for PPV will seem like the norm in the UK, give it some years..

That card was sooo much fun to be at live. JORGE Bless!

What it cost them in lost subscriptions is also an issue.

What it cost them in lost subscriptions is also an issue.

Mentioned this just now in another thread, my mate says around 20,000 cancelled subscriptions, unsure how true?

Anyway, I'd be shocked if they got 5,000 buys, seriously.

What baffles me is this - the people making that decision are high-flying vastly successful businessmen. I have never sat a single Business class in my 37yrs on the planet and even I, sat in that meeting, would say "boys, this is probably a terrible, terrible idea".

How can such savvy business people get something so drastically and obviously wrong?

Back