UFC 238 has a Ground Breakin 5 WMMA Fights

how could ESPN think 500k guaranteed buys equivalent for every ppv was a good idea?

None of those are bad fights per se. Shevchenko always delivers the technical fighting, Chookaigan could follow suit if she stops being overly cautious, Caldedwood can fight, Karolina can fight, Suarez and Ansaroff should be a nice scrap and a very important bout for the division. The others I don't know much about.

And sorry to break it to you people, but Holloway doesn't sell many PPVs, and I can guarantee you that Valentina vs Joanna also brought some viewers. Valentina is in this, and so is Kowalkievicz, they're both fan favorites.

Probably will be the first PPV card I miss since UFC 30 something. Send them to Invicta please.

None of those are bad fights per se. Shevchenko always delivers the technical fighting, Chookaigan could follow suit if she stops being overly cautious, Caldedwood can fight, Karolina can fight, Suarez and Ansaroff should be a nice scrap and a very important bout for the division. The others I don't know much about.

And sorry to break it to you people, but Holloway doesn't sell many PPVs, and I can guarantee you that Valentina vs Joanna also brought some viewers. Valentina is in this, and so is Kowalkievicz, they're both fan favorites.
Are you arguing Valentina and Kowalkievicz are bigger PPV draws than Max?

who give a shit. here you go dont watch ufc wont miss you.

you do know there are 100 men on the roster who are just as boring right.
Ah the noble white knight rideth in to save the day. What are the odds you won't be paying for this card either.

Well duh. The female fighters get far more attention on social media than the males do.
For that to translate into PPV buys you might need the attractive woman on any card to fight in bikinis and throw some jelly in there or something. What did they use to have in WWE bra and panty matches?

Looks won’t I won’t be driving to Chicago this June. Nothing against WMMA, but not exactly the best card ever

Totally fair. Just curious though. Will you still watch, or skip the whole thing?

Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Eye
Tatiana Suarez vs. Nina Ansaroff
Felice Herrig vs. Xiaonan Yan
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Alexa Grasso

Yikes Shev,Eye, Herrig, and Chook are borin as shit

and a male flyweight fight main event to boot

You sexist ingrates need to realise that Male MMA is becoming obsolete, in a lot of areas WMMA is now superior, it won't be long before the inferior males are struggling to get on the main card.

Still expecting Rose and Andrade to be rescheduled to be a Co-Main event here.

Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Eye
Tatiana Suarez vs. Nina Ansaroff
Felice Herrig vs. Xiaonan Yan
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Alexa Grasso

Yikes Shev,Eye, Herrig, and Chook are borin as shit

You forgot Henry Cejudo she is fighting too.

Ah the noble white knight rideth in to save the day. What are the odds you won't be paying for this card either.

that cause i dont have a smart phone to get espn plus or i go to a sports bar to watch/.

if you dopnt like womans fighting than dont watch. the ufc wont miss you.

if u dont enjoy bullets fights than dont know what to tell you.

The new "Smoke Break" after Jon Fitch left

For that to translate into PPV buys you might need the attractive woman on any card to fight in bikinis and throw some jelly in there or something. What did they use to have in WWE bra and panty matches?

ESPN isn't in the business of losing money. If they requesting more wmma fights there must be a reason.

Pretty sure two mid-level women fighting bring in more interest than two mid-level men. Look at Alexa Grasso. Mediocre fighter with a 2-2 UFC record but has almost 200k Instagram followers and people talk about her. Her male equivalent isn't getting nearly the same attention.

Are more people really going to buy the card if you replace the women fighting with random male fighters no one cares about? I find that highly unlikely.

that cause i dont have a smart phone to get espn plus or i go to a sports bar to watch/.

if you dopnt like womans fighting than dont watch. the ufc wont miss you.

if u dont enjoy bullets fights than dont know what to tell you.[/QUOTE

Ergo you forfeit any right to act like the UFC would miss you either mate. I've actually bought PPVs before so it sounds like the UFC would miss my patronage more than yours. Incidentally talking about things we won't miss should you decide to fuck off from the forums I don't think anyone will miss your lack of grammar and irksome white knighting antics.

Ergo you forfeit any right to act like the UFC would miss you either mate. I've actually bought PPVs before so it sounds like the UFC would miss my patronage more than yours. Incidentally talking about things we won't miss should you decide to fuck off from the forums I don't think anyone will miss your lack of grammar and irksome white knighting antics.

when did i ever say i was william shakespeare.

if you dont liek the fight cards line ups dont watch.

i dont hate on woman fighting or think a woman only place is on the kitchen.

ESPN isn't in the business of losing money. If they requesting more wmma fights there must be a reason.

Pretty sure two mid-level women fighting bring in more interest than two mid-level men. Look at Alexa Grasso. Mediocre fighter with a 2-2 UFC record but has almost 200k Instagram followers and people talk about her. Her male equivalent isn't getting nearly the same attention.

Are more people really going to buy the card if you replace the women fighting with random male fighters no one cares about? I find that highly unlikely.
I think it's a generalization in the extreme to suggest people talk about Alexa Grasso even among MMA circles. I'd even hazard to guess more people know a comparative mid tier male than Alexa Grasso. I'd dare say more people have talked about say Bryan Barberena this year than Alexa Grasso. I also significantly doubt any of those 200k followers buy a PPV because of what I can only assume is their attraction to Alexa Grasso.

Last edited:
when did i ever say i was william shakespeare.

if you dont liek the fight cards line ups dont watch.

i dont hate on woman fighting or think a woman only place is on the kitchen.
Honestly you're just trolling with all the grammatical errors now right? Neither do I, I just want to see high level MMA fighters regardless of gender. Let's not pretend all the WMMA matches listed by OP are exciting talents. I'm starting to think your place should be back at school.

Back