UFC 238: Angela Hill vs. Xiaonan Yan (Hill Replaces Injured Felice Herrig), June 8, 2019

Who wins?

• Total voters
Keep up the good work @Better Every Day someone will care about these low level WMMA fights one day and appreciate your hard work. Remember if no one responds to just keep posting.

Tough fight for Hill....imo she shouldn't have taken this fight. Although Angela has good foot work for the division, I think Yan will walk her down and start swinging away.

Yan has power and is fearless. We'll see if she loses her composure and gets frustrated if she can't touch Angela, but if she keeps her focus and again just keeps moving forward applying pressure... she'll land some hard shots, and might have opportunities to finish it.

Xiaonan Yan kicking Kailin Curran
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hill has some balls for taking this fight

MMAddict thinks Yan Xiaonan can beat Jessica Andrade.

Yan Xiaonan vs Viviane Pereira Post-fight Review
WMMAddict
Published on Jul 15, 2018

Another “expert” picking fights or thinking they can pick fights. I get a real kick out of these things. I nod occasionally sometimes. Usually I just shake my head or flat out laugh my head off.

Very entertaining as long as you don’t take them too seriously.

As always, I appreciate the content @Better Every Day

Hill isn't bad but she is inconsistent. She is sorta like Calderwood. It's tough to string enough victories for a title shot.

I think it’s a matter of her just not being good enough to beat the best. It’s kind of like Cowboy Cerrone. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But, she’s a badass imo. Late replacement queen. Her fight vs Andrade should have been enough to at least gain everyone’s respect. By everyone, I mean ppl that aren’t assholes.

Fighting will always need the tier right behind the champion level fighters. And to me that is what Angela is. I’ll never cheer AGAINST her...But, I will be cheering FOR Yan in this fight.

Hill should win this, Yan has no ground game (not that it matters here) and just plods waiting to throwing boxing counters vs girls who wander into the pocket.

Hill actually has good movement to avoid that and if she ends up in the pocket she grabs the clinch where she's solid which will cut off Yan's combos.

Hill via Unanimous Decision.

Ive never heard of Yan before. Zhang from China is awesome, so I hope we see another rising WMMA Chinese star.
C’mon now. Xiaonan yan is already 3-0 in the ufc.

Pretending to like WMMA is one of the most virtue
Signaling SJW moves of all time.

That might be true, in the case of someone who was truly just pretending to like WMMA.

But you have let the WMMA-haters of Sherdog melt your brain if you've become convinced by them that WMMA can't be genuinely enjoyed by people.

Back