UFC 236: The four fighters involved in the two main fights seem cool and respectful between them

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Seiryoku Zenyo, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Seiryoku Zenyo

Seiryoku Zenyo We are all one

All four guys involved in the two main fights are really likeable. Far from thugs like Nick or Nate, or cheaters like Jones, or trash talkers like Conor, Bisping, and a lot more. Not that i haven't enjoyed some trash talk, but this feels kindda refreshing, good for the UFC.

1. Max seems like a good guy. Clearly a great father and seems like a good friend.

2. Dustin also a great guy. Good father, makes social work regularly.

3. Kelvin is a laid back, natural, tough mexican guy. He said his chin is so good due to the shots he got from her sister when he was a kid (obviously joking). Henry Cejudo and Yair Rodriguez would take a flight to support him.

4. Israel is a cool guy. Although he's from Nigeria, he seems very different from Usman. I believe that's related to the fact that he comes from a wealthy family, a comfortable an easy time growing up. On the other hand, Usman seemed like he had some hard time as a kid (not that bad, but definitely not as good).

Great event.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    GoshiShun17 likes this.
  2. jeff7b9

jeff7b9 Red Belt

Agreed. I like all of them and will be happy for whoever wins.

May they fight like warriors and put on a glorious display of technical violence for our entertainment.

Just Bleed.

3. Me&MrJones

Me&MrJones Red Belt

Dustin sells his fight kits for charity, such a mensch!

4. Dirge

Dirge Red Belt

Israel has been talking shit about Gastelum for awhile now. He comes off as an arrogant douche.

5. jeffb36

jeffb36 Blue Belt

I've seen just about all the interviews for 236. I don't recall Adesanya saying anything about Kelvin that wasn't accurate in terms of his technique/ fighting style. What did he say that you consider him talking shit?

GoshiShun17 likes this.
  6. Twink182

Twink182 All the....small things Platinum Member

Yeah he’s been talking mad shit. KG taking a few shots as well

7. Twink182

Twink182 All the....small things Platinum Member

He is completely dismissing Kevin, and talking about him like he’s not even a top 15 fighter

8. Mixfight

Mixfight Black Belt

You're just a stiff geek with no style. I bet you probably wear slacks with flip flops like ban askren.

9. Mahkor

Mahkor Drunkmaster Flex

That's why no one is talking about this, there was more hype for BKFC last week.

10. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice Gold Belt

Yeah it's pretty lame

The fights themselves should good tho

11. GoshiShun17

GoshiShun17 Brown Belt

Bullshit. He's says Kelvin deserves to be up there with Whittaker, Romero, etc. He also says Kelvin isn't scared. He's just very confident in the fact that he is superior and will dominate.

12. jeffb36

jeffb36 Blue Belt

I didn't get that impression, but interpretation is subjective.

Objectively, Kelvin obviously hits hard and has a ridiculous chin and he's great at taking the back for the RNC. His main weapons are the 1-2 and for the most part it worked for him.

He has trouble with guys who move well laterally though. Adesanya is not going to plant, stand and trade with him like a gunslinger. He has very good distance management and controls distance/pace well. Israel doesn't hit all that hard, mainly because he rarely plants his feet and trades, but he does hit/kick his opponents a lot, often from unexpected angles.

Kelvin is very linear. He hops forward and swings for the fences and often overextends his left hand, leaving him off balance and too far over his lead leg. If he doesn't get that home run KO, he winds up in bad position for a great and accurate counter striker like Adesanya.

Based on what I've seen from both, it's Adesanya's fight to lose. Keep Kelvin at the end of the jab and throw some timely knees and maybe a few body punches too for good measure.

It's MMA, so anything can happen. That's why I love it so much.

Looking forward to this fight, and of course the main event.