[UFC 236] Holloway VS Poirier (POLL)

Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It did against the guy that KTFO'd Poirier though?

long time ago

Not all chins last, Brian hurt Ortega badly in the 3rd round, but since Brains not a killer on the feet he couldnt capitilize.

Im saying, if Dustin hurts Max he will finish.

Aldo's gas tank has never been an issue aside from a bad weight cut in his UFC debut.

Even Frankie Edgar couldn't gas Aldo out in 2 title fights.

Whereas Max drowned Aldo even worse in the rematch with his volume, pressure, and accuracy.

Max has picked apart a bunch of capable strikers on the feet: Swanson, Pettis, Stephens, Aldo x2.
Aldo's gas tank has never been an issue because he wasn't swinging punches and missing before. Champ Aldo has always fought his fight and was known to coast at times.

Frankie got hit consistently and was forced to fight at aldo's pace, especially in the 3rd fight. Whereas Aldo was missing a ton of haymaker shots vs Max. Obviously throwing harder shots and missing will take a toll on you vs landing straight shots and fighting the way you're used to

Max will weather Dustin's early onslaught and when he gasses in the middle to championship rounds he will tko him

You can be a big fan of someone and think they are going to lose a fight. Crazy I know.
Yea well, according to the poll Max has 72% of votes compared to 19% for Dustin... so, seems like you're not that big of a fan at all to think the 2 to 1 betting favorite is going to lose

What if the opponent is not Mcgregor? You still think they would accept a fight and show?
If the money is right, they're going to fight. I dont think that's the case for Nick anymore... but Nate, Yes.

WTF does that have to do with anything? Have you actually watched Aldo fights? Are you gonna tell me he doesn't slow down in his fights?

Why so combative? Christ.

Well Aldo doesn't always slow down. Like at UFC 200 when he landed a third more strikes in the fifth then in the first. But what do I know, since I don't watch the fights?

And did Dustin slow down versus Miller? Or Pettis? Or does he simply not slow down?

Both men have examples of keeping the pace, and both have examples of slowing down. Both examples are dependent upon how well they are defending and controlling the action.

I'm a fan of both but want Dustin to get a chance at gold. Porier by sub whenever he wants.

Looks like the majority were off on both interim title fights at UFC 236.

250 votes for Max, only 68 for Dustin.

Well done to the 19% that picked Poirier. Outclassed Max here. We've never seen Max outclassed on the feet like this.

"Get your shit together [Khabib], we've got a belt to fight for"

Dustin is taking it. Fighters like Max go on lil streaks and fans think they are better than they are. Dustin is super underrated and he will shine. I really believe this.
MMA Nostradamus up in here.

Back