[UFC 236] Holloway VS Poirier (POLL)

Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they agree to fight that would shock me to be honest. They both have a good friendship and respect each other from the Yancy connection
If big money is involved, then why not.

Nick Diaz had tremendous respect for BJ Penn, they trained together... Nick still gave him a black eye

I think the Diaz bros will fight anyone outside their 209 Crew if the money is right

As for Aldo's gas tank.... Dustin is 1-1 in fights that go into the Championship Rounds. Aldo is 8-0 in fights that go into the Championship Rounds.

WTF does that have to do with anything? Have you actually watched Aldo fights? Are you gonna tell me he doesn't slow down in his fights?

If I was betting I would pick Holloway. I’m not completely sold he can beat Dustin; I would just be going off the history of what happens when fighters move up. Everyone has seemingly had success in moving up (except Rory). We can add Pettis to the list most recently. Based on that trend (and the fact Dustin is good but not Mousasi good) I expect Max to find a way to win.

Nick Diaz had tremendous respect for BJ Penn, they trained together... Nick still gave him a black eye

I think the Diaz bros will fight anyone outside their 209 Crew if the money is right
What if the opponent is not Mcgregor? You still think they would accept a fight and show?

Good point. I did think about that Nick Diaz media scrum when he said BJ texted him saying he was going to fight

I like both fighters but have made up my mind

War Max!!!

Suprised the diamond is such an underdog.

Unlike Brian, if Dustin has you hurt he will finish you. He's deadly standing up.

I don't expect Max chin to hold up.

The Conor and MJ fights are always gonna hurt the perception of Dustin, but he's looked great in his last 3 wins. Wasn't sure he would win any of them (specifically the last 2). Think he pulls off the upset. Wouldn't put too much money on it though.

That third option isn't even fucking funny dude...

Suprised the diamond is such an underdog.

Unlike Brian, if Dustin has you hurt he will finish you. He's deadly standing up.

I don't expect Max chin to hold up.

It did against the guy that KTFO'd Poirier though?

Poirer is great and against almost anyone else I'd be all about him winning, but Max is just the man I wanna see him just keep crushing it. Max!

I'm fucking pumped for 155 Max. In his last 3 fights, I dont think any fighter from any era could hop in a time machine and stop that Max from winning those fights. He looked that unbeatable. Especially the 2nd Aldo fight. Not a person in 145 history was stopping Max on that night. And I think without punishing his body to make 45 will bring even more power, less worry about cardio drain if he sits down on his punches a little more, and more upper body strength to fight off any attempts at a grappling exchange. I think we will see Max at his peak. I also respect the hell put of Diamond Porier, he just is going to be opposite of a man on a fucking mission. I got Max via finish in less then 20 minutes

Not only all that, but 155 Max should have an even better chin and cardio, because he's not having to dehydrate himself significantly.

I'm expecting a late-round finish by Max. Max is a freaking monster in 5 round fights.

All respect to Poirier, he's a great fighter.

cool man ortega is just starting to really improve his hands. Swanson was tagging him up also was just susceptible to being choked due to his height. bad example for sure. aldo gassed out which poirier wont . I cant wait for this fight
Aldo's gas tank has never been an issue aside from a bad weight cut in his UFC debut.

Even Frankie Edgar couldn't gas Aldo out in 2 title fights.

Whereas Max drowned Aldo even worse in the rematch with his volume, pressure, and accuracy.

Max has picked apart a bunch of capable strikers on the feet: Swanson, Pettis, Stephens, Aldo x2.

Dustin is taking it. Fighters like Max go on lil streaks and fans think they are better than they are. Dustin is super underrated and he will shine. I really believe this.

Anyone who picks the third option can die in a fire.

Not only all that, but 155 Max should have an even better chin and cardio, because he's not having to dehydrate himself significantly.

I'm expecting a late-round finish by Max. Max is a freaking monster in 5 round fights.

All respect to Poirier, he's a great fighter.
Yeah 55 max could be full potential max for all we know

Max is gonna have to close that distance and when he does he's gonna get hit, and hit hard.

Dustin Poirier by TKO at 2:53 of the third round

Back