[UFC 236] Holloway VS Poirier (POLL)

Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who takes the main event? (if it goes through)

Can't be too sure these days with the UFC. Lots of last minute BS.

But, if it does go through, I've got Holloway. Most likely by TKO in the 3rd.

Holloway on pace and efficiency of striking. Takedowns don't work the same this time. Poirier should lose heart and tire when he can't dictate the location of the bout and Holloway takes over finishing him.

Or, Poirier finds a big shot in a scramble and lamps Max with a hook from hell. Poirier will be smart to look for power shots in transitions from clinch particularly against the cage.

Who takes the main event? (if it goes through)

Can't be too sure these days with the UFC. Lots of last minute BS.

But, if it does go through, I've got Holloway. Most likely by TKO in the 3rd.

Gotta go with hollloway..the guy is a current defending champion and is on a 10 plus fight win streak while his opponent is only on a 3 fight win streak..

Poirer has power though..so i mean hes not an easy fight by any means..but holloway with 10 extra pounds and less of a weight cut..who knows what well see

Im excited

max-holloway-vs-jose-aldo-GIF.gif

swfyzonlm0811.gif

tumblr_pjjd7e3AzC1r7vh24o1_540.gif

Porrier never quite makes it into the flow state like someone like Max can, he sort of get's stuck in this technical brawling sort of flow

I think this fight looks like the aldo fights. Exciting for the first couple rounds, then Holloway eats him up after that.

LOVE how everyone doubting Dustin again. strap season lets go champ.

I'm fucking pumped for 155 Max. In his last 3 fights, I dont think any fighter from any era could hop in a time machine and stop that Max from winning those fights. He looked that unbeatable. Especially the 2nd Aldo fight. Not a person in 145 history was stopping Max on that night. And I think without punishing his body to make 45 will bring even more power, less worry about cardio drain if he sits down on his punches a little more, and more upper body strength to fight off any attempts at a grappling exchange. I think we will see Max at his peak. I also respect the hell put of Diamond Porier, he just is going to be opposite of a man on a fucking mission. I got Max via finish in less then 20 minutes

cool man ortega is just starting to really improve his hands. Swanson was tagging him up also was just susceptible to being choked due to his height. bad example for sure. aldo gassed out which poirier wont . I cant wait for this fight

cool man ortega is just starting to really improve his hands. Swanson was tagging him up also was just susceptible to being choked due to his height. bad example for sure. aldo gassed out which poirier wont . I cant wait for this fight
Yes, this is a very exciting fight... but the real excitement is going to be in seeing Holloway fight Khabib one day

Diamond sends him back to 145

I like Dustin, but what makes you think he can smash Holloway all the way to a different class, given what Max did to Aldo?

Genuinely curious as to how you think Aldo is beneath Poirier.

Im rooting for Dustin but I like both fighters so its a win either way. Holloway will put on a pace and I don't know if Dustin can match that pace, I think Holloway will win by decn its probably gonna be a war, Dustin also has some power while Max doesn't have much at 145 don't know if it will change at 155. Its a 50 50 to me but I would bet on Dustin as there is more money to be made if he wins and he has a good chance.

I like Dustin, but what makes you think he can smash Holloway all the way to a different class, given what Max did to Aldo?

Genuinely curious as to how you think Aldo is beneath Poirier.
Because Dustin has been looking better each fight, aldo isn’t.

Dustin most likely hits harder than aldo , which gives him the shot of putting away max

Dustin is a black belt in BJJ, and he can submit him.

Should be interesting.

Holloway is a fucking beast, I like Dustin but I just dont see him handling the volume hes gonna face

I'm a big max fan but I have a feeling that dustin is going to win by ko

as dominant as holloway has been lately its hard to pick against him.

holloway tko round 3

Back