UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier, Gastelum vs Adesanya

You're crazy if you think Gastelum has little chance. Why is he so underrated?
I personally think very highly of Gastelum and I do agree that he's often underrated on these forums. I also agree that these fights are close as far as the individual fighters over all skill set. However in a head to head matchup this fight between Gastelum and Adesanya will look one sided and I feel it'll be in favor of Israel. The evidence shows that Gastelum has only a punchers chance to KO Israel. If we are being honest it is very unlikely just looking at their skillsets, physical attributes, and given their history. As far as wrestling goes, I feel Israel is capable defending but even if Kelvin does find some success, I don't think he can do it consistently for 5 rounds. His cardio is questionable. Adesanya's defense and distance control will be too much. On the feet he's seen everything that Kelvin has to offer.
why is Gastelum beating Adesanya a upset? lol. I know the UFC hype machine can work wonders on the poor unfortunates. Both fights are close calls, hard to pick. I got Holloway and Gastelum
As far as me calling Kelvin winning an upset, I'm only talking about the betting odds. Yea he isn't the biggest dog, but he's still not the favorite. I don't think hes worh betting on at those odds.

Last edited:
i disagree with just about everybody on the max porrier fight. i just cant see how max is the favorite, even if he wins.

im not sure about the kelvin/isreal fight. everytime i think about it i come up with a different winner. although again it makes no sense for isreal to be the favorite
Really, you don't see how Max is the favorite???? Look at his history. Look at the recent streak he's been on and who he's beaten. Now do the same with Dustin.

Now look at their losses and how they loss. Even if you personally feel that Dustin is the all around more skilled fighter, its a no brainer as to why Holloway is the betting favorite.

As far as my personal opinion goes, I just don't see who has Dustin beaten that was considered to be elite at the time. Who has he beaten that has really been on a tear and had some momentum, Gaithje maybe??? No, he was coming off a Ko loss to Alvarez and Justin has not yet shown that hes elite.

On the other hand Holloway has just been showing that he's th man in these 5 round fights. Dustin has a great chin but it has been cracked a couple times. I don't know if it can deal with 5he accumulation of punches he'll receive from Max.

I know this isn't a thread about Conor but wtf???

Going to be there for 236, hoping for a solid fight card. Hard to see how Max loses, but crazier shit has happened.

Unsure about Israel vs. Kelvin, the board seems biased towards Kelvin...but I would rather Israel take it, I think he could make for a more exciting champion.

On another note, I'd kind of like to see Gastelum vs. Romero with Romero out of the Jacare fight...or Romero vs. Israel depending

Going to be there for 236, hoping for a solid fight card. Hard to see how Max loses, but crazier shit has happened.

Unsure about Israel vs. Kelvin, the board seems biased towards Kelvin...but I would rather Israel take it, I think he could make for a more exciting champion.

On another note, I'd kind of like to see Gastelum vs. Romero with Romero out of the Jacare fight...or Romero vs. Israel depending
Nice...are you from the Atlanta area or Georgia in general???

Also I hope all the people so certain that Kelvin will win, gives Israel his props if and when he outclasses Kelvin.

Back