UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier, Gastelum vs Adesanya

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I have to say that these 2 fights are the most anticipated fights of the year for me so far.
I feel like both fights are of the highest caliber and neither seem like mismatches on the surface.

But at the same time as we get closer to the event, I feel like Gastelum and Poirier have very, very, very little chance to pull upsets, especially in a 5 round fight. I don't make prediction threads but fuck it.

Sorry I have a short break from work and cant post in depth analysis.

You're crazy if you think Gastelum has little chance. Why is he so underrated?

Poirier too has a better chance than "very, very, very little".

Poirier v Holloway is great.

I care very little about Gastelum v Israel myself. It's pretty clear that the UFC is over the perennial top 5ers at 185 (Luke, Chris, Jacare, etc), similar to 2008 when they were just done with watching Sylvia & AA dominate every up and comer HW and let them both go. So they gave the title shot to up and comer favorites; one is 0-0 and the other is 1-1 against any top 5er, ever (and that 1 loss was devastating, and that 1 win was an eked out close decision).

It'll be fun I suppose. But the forced title shot implications annoys me far more than it probably should.

Lol
Both Dustin and Gastelum likely wins though I’m rooting for Adesanya

Prepare to be amazed then.

I've got Max.

Hwrd to pick in the Co-Main, love both guys. Just give me a sick ass fight.

when I saw your thread I hoped maybe it was this weekend, but nope it's next
so what am I supposed to do this weekend bright spark?

why is Gastelum beating Adesanya a upset? lol. I know the UFC hype machine can work wonders on the poor unfortunates. Both fights are close calls, hard to pick. I got Holloway and Gastelum

i disagree with just about everybody on the max porrier fight. i just cant see how max is the favorite, even if he wins.

im not sure about the kelvin/isreal fight. everytime i think about it i come up with a different winner. although again it makes no sense for isreal to be the favorite

If Poirier wins I'll let you shit in my mouth. It ain't happening

when I saw your thread I hoped maybe it was this weekend, but nope it's next
so what am I supposed to do this weekend bright spark?
Jason Knight vs Artem Lobov box bareknuckle this Saturday I reckon, that's what I'll be watching!

Jason Knight vs Artem Lobov box bareknuckle this Saturday I reckon, that's what I'll be watching!

Thank you.
I was getting that uneasy feeling that I might need to reevaluate my life..but Goat Artem will hold me for another week

They both have a great chance to pull the upset lol. They are both good matchups.

You're crazy if you think Gastelum has little chance. Why is he so underrated?

He doesn't know why. Gastelum is not underrated. This fight basically has even odds. -170/+155

Thank you.
I was getting that uneasy feeling that I might need to reevaluate my life..but Goat Artem will hold me for another week
Np. I think GOAT Artem is about to get his nose broken but the dude is tough so it should at least last a good minute :)

Back