PBP UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT

What a crazy card it was yesterday. Every single fight was awesome.

The guy that just lost his 4th fight out of 5 beat the shit out of you hero in his last win.I understand you're upset.

<Dylan>

Lol keep trying hater and Stay salty bud. I hope platinum blesses your bum life

Real fighters only, no models

Make sure you catch hoebans next podcast and try not to catch feelings

The scoring was atrocious. 49-46? Here's how it should've been:

10-8 Poirier
10-9 Poirier
10-9 Holloway for the rest

Clear cut draw.

I feel like TDD is getting to another level. Makes me wonder how Khabib can stick to his opponents so well. Adesanya and Holloway are slippery gypsys.

10-8 Poirier
10-9 Poirier

Clear cut draw.
Lol what fight did you watch. Really wanted Holloway to get the W but cmon. 10-8 in a round with no knock downs? Lol. Interesting.

I feel like TDD is getting to another level. Makes me wonder how Khabib can stick to his opponents so well. Adesanya and Holloway are slippery gypsys.

Khabib, Colby, Usman and others too

You have RDA, a 3rd degree black belt in bjj, getting grappled by Colby and Usman easily
And you have Kelvin (not Usman level, but still a good wrestler and a bjj bb) who cannot grapple a kickboxer
I would like to see how Adesanya would do against Weidman (yes, aware of his many losses) or Romero

Lol what fight did you watch. Really wanted Holloway to get the W but cmon. 10-8 in a round with no knock downs? Lol. Interesting.

Under the new scoring system, Poirier clearly got a 10-8.

Had a lovely shrimp dish on a balconey overlooking Bourbon Street. I’m sold, bro.

Should come during Mardi Gras.

d23e26c968a058598820ebfc04d0643e.jpg

Should come during Mardi Gras.

d23e26c968a058598820ebfc04d0643e.jpg

It was pretty crazy people wise as it was, tbh. It was late January. I’ve seen COPS, and other things. Way too many fucking people. You can’t even move. How do you get a fucking drink? Stand in line for an hour? No thanks. The last place I want to be during Mardi Gras is NO.

I take it you might mean the ladies. And even though I was with my lady. She took an amazing pic of me with two drunk young ladies. Hotter than the young ladies above. And wearing much less clothing.

10-8 Poirier
10-9 Poirier

Clear cut draw.
That’s how I saw it. My only reservation is whether to give a 10-8 for the first round... So it was a draw or Max win. Very very easy to narrow it down to two possible results. To give it to Dustin was a bit absurd really. Still, I love Max, and if this means he does the right thing and goes back to 145, then it’s a blessing, because I don’t want to see him get tooled by legit LWs, and that’s all that will happen.

It was pretty crazy people wise as it was, tbh. It was late January. I’ve seen COPS, and other things. Way too many fucking people. You can’t even move. How do you get a fucking drink? Stand in line for an hour? No thanks. The last place I want to be during Mardi Gras is NO.

I take it you might mean the ladies. And even though I was with my lady. She took an amazing pic of me with two drunk young ladies. Hotter than the young ladies above. And wearing much less clothing.

I've seen thousands of titties over the years. And got laid too.

10-8 Poirier
10-9 Poirier

Clear cut draw.
A good argument can be made for that score for sure.

After watching it a second time I had it.

Round 1: 10-9 Poirier
Round 2: 10-10 (Max dominated the 1st 4 minutes stunning Dustin, Dustin hurt Max bad in the last minute, round goes to both fighters)
Round 3: 10-9 Holloway
Round 4: 10-9 Holloway
Round 5: 10-9 Poirier

48-48 Draw.

I initially had it 48-47 Holloway (rounds 2,3 & 4) Poirier (rounds 1 & 5) but I could understand scoring the second like Dustin stole the round, so 48-47 the other way would have been fine too. 49-46 is complete bs though, too much was awarded to Poirer's big power advantage. This was a close ass fight with exception of the first round, Max had good moments in the first as well & didn't actually get dropped which is why I didn't go 10-8. That was not a domination like Stylebender over Kelvin in the 5th.

Gotta re watch that main card i got a bit tipsy last night. ha

Adesanya training the high elbow guillotine in February:

A good argument can be made for that score for sure.

After watching it a second time I had it.

Round 1: 10-9 Poirier
Round 2: 10-10 (Max dominated the 1st 4 minutes stunning Dustin, Dustin hurt Max bad in the last minute, round goes to both fighters)
Round 3: 10-9 Holloway
Round 4: 10-9 Holloway
Round 5: 10-9 Poirier

48-48 Draw.

I initially had it 48-47 Holloway (rounds 2,3 & 4) Poirier (rounds 1 & 5) but I could understand scoring the second like Dustin stole the round, so 48-47 the other way would have been fine too. 49-46 is complete bs though, too much was awarded to Poirer's big power advantage. This was a close ass fight with exception of the first round, Max had good moments in the first as well & didn't actually get dropped which is why I didn't go 10-8. That was not a domination like Stylebender over Kelvin in the 5th.

I watched it Saturday night Ins crowded popular bar, and of course the reactions and emotions of Dustin’s hits stole the spotlight. I had Dustin winning immediately after with Dustin having 1,2,5 and Holloway 3,4.

But just re watched it and I hate to say it but, could actually be a win for Max. Dustin was backing up and retreating during middle rounds, and looking to catch rest breaks against Holloway on the cage. Holloway kept pushing forward and looked to control the direction of the fight. And his volume was indeed taking a toll on Dustin.
Dustin was countering superbly, and he has some powerful blows that would wobble Holloway. But other than powers shots in rounds 1&2, he didn’t really have Holloway in trouble after. And Max kept way more active and applied the pressure.

Could easily give Holloway rounds 2 & 5 also.
Too much credit for Dustin’s power shots imo.
Khabib had it a draw. I think I’d say it was a draw as well.

I watched it Saturday night Ins crowded popular bar, and of course the reactions and emotions of Dustin’s hits stole the spotlight. I had Dustin winning immediately after with Dustin having 1,2,5 and Holloway 3,4.

But just re watched it and I hate to say it but, could actually be a win for Max. Dustin was backing up and retreating during middle rounds, and looking to catch rest breaks against Holloway on the cage. Holloway kept pushing forward and looked to control the direction of the fight. And his volume was indeed taking a toll on Dustin.
Dustin was countering superbly, and he has some powerful blows that would wobble Holloway. But other than powers shots in rounds 1&2, he didn’t really have Holloway in trouble after. And Max kept way more active and applied the pressure.

Could easily give Holloway rounds 2 & 5 also.
Too much credit for Dustin’s power shots imo.
Khabib had it a draw. I think I’d say it was a draw as well.
Agreed, way to much credit given for the power Dustin landed with. He did not win 4 rounds, it was either a 1 point win for either fighter or a draw.

Back