PBP UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT

In the end, I don’t see competition for Khabib here. Though I’m sure this is more of an angle to get Conor back in the title picture. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Poirier get offered Conor and take that fight instead of unifying vs Khabib because it’s more scrilla. Meanwhile, Khabib at last fights Ferguson

Congrats Dustin, stoked for Izzy, bummed for max. Max just ain’t as thick as the 155’s. Dustin hits hard tho

Draw. Max wins by volume. Dustin wins by harder punches. I am not impressed with Dustin. He was a fighting a smaller and he didn't demonstrate any skills that will overcome an opponent of the same size.

He's been murking dudes at 155 for four years, look at the list of dudes he's beaten: Miller, Gaethje, Pettis, Alvarez.

He's beaten everyone there is to beat at LW other than Canner and Khabib.

Dana should give all 4 guys bonuses

Khabib runs through everyone at LW, but Poirier vs Conor 2 is the fight I'm dieing to see!

I want that fight too. I think Dustin got clipped behind the ear. Conor is obviously a great kickboxer, but that loss was very Serra/GSP'esque.

I doubt he will fight again until Khabib though. And who knows if Conor is coming back he's too busy getting in trouble outside the cage every month.

Matt Brown is turning out to be a really good coach. He coaches a lot of top fighters.
I remember in a TIm Credeur post fight interview so many years ago when he mentioned Dustin as the standout prospect in his camp....who would have picked up that the guy would end up being #2 atm.

“If this were Japan” should actually be the official scoring criteria. That’s why I thought Max won the last 3 rounds(the 5th very narrowly, i didn’t care for Dustin’s stalling at the end) but Dustin should’ve rightfully won.

Yup, I agree.

I thought the Jacare/Hermansson card was on ESPN, not ESPN+?

what a card, another great night in the books fellas. I'll see you guys next Saturday for the Reem vs Oleynik card

I’ve said this all along. All he has is god level cardio and a granite chin. He doesn’t have elite skills.

ya, no elite skills man, none at all. He just magically obliterated the entire FW roster with no elite skills, just cardio and a good chin.

Can a mod please give this man a yellow card? he deserves it more than I do.

CetlIgLWIAAbNwO.jpg

Who knows, but I don't think Dustin has ever faced a big, strong wrestler.

Well, he has 5 months at very least to prepare for Khabib's game. Some people will keep sleeping on Dustin unless he becomes 'the undisputed' which is some what understandable.

But this guy beat Holloway, Gaethje, Alvarez, Pettis. No more sleeping on The Diamond win or lose folks.

Yeah. I'm not sure. I'm bummed as a Max fan. I had a feeling the fight would go down this way. I hate when bad feelings end out being true.

The good thing is that Max learns from losses. Regardless of what weight class he returns at, I expect him to come back better.
He'll come better for sure, he's young still and went against a killer. Dustin is just very underrated fighter and everyone on Hawaii knew Max would have to earn that title and was in for a fight to get it.

Back