UFC 236: Awesome WW prospect to watch tonight in the prelims

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The whole card is great. The main event and the co-main events should be great.

But I am also really excited about one fight on the prelims tonight. Keep an eye out for this man:

1496171906unnamed.jpg

Zelim Imadaev - A Chechen fighter with boxer base that has 8 fights and 8 KO victories. This man has some bombs in his hands. Here's a highlight reel for you.

Also I really hope Krylov can recover from his loss last time out.

he looks like a deflated Ilir Latifi with that chin strap beard

Watch? I’m here to see him take over...

418057-14098714.png

Chechnya produces some good strikers. I remember Adlan Amagov back in the day (probably my all-time favourite fighter), Mamed Khalidov (it's a shame we never got to see him fight in the UFC), Taisumov (it's a shame his VISA issues fucked up his career), now you have the young Naurdiev coming up. Definitely excited to watch Zelim fight.

Chechnya produces some good strikers. I remember Adlan Amagov back in the day (probably my all-time favourite fighter), Mamed Khalidov (it's a shame we never got to see him fight in the UFC), Taisumov (it's a shame his VISA issues fucked up his career), now you have the young Naurdiev coming up. Definitely excited to watch Zelim fight.
Caucasus or at least north Caucasus has always been known for producing good fighters, especially wrestlers. But Kadyrov has invested big money in a state of the art MMA gym in Chechnia and gathered some great talent there.

I watched a few of his fights.He's definitely a prospect but,his grappling looked meh,he was held against the cage pretty easily for a bit against a shitty fighter,he wasn't doing the right stuff to turn him and just kinda tried to power out of everything.Having wrestled for 10 years I can see things most fans don't.

His striking looks ok but he's wild.He hasn't fought anyone anywhere near UFC level yet.People around here get a little crazy about Russian prospects these days.He's a prospect but how is he "an awesome prospect"?He'd have to win impressively a few times and after studying footage,i'm going to go with the at least tested Griffin despite losing 3 of his last 4.He lost but he still looks like he's been improving pretty well and can mix it up.Hopefully he looks awesome because Idt Griffin will ever be near a title but Zelim is just another guy with potential atm and there's tons of those.

I was making threads about Zabit before he even came to the UFC and before anyone was talking about him.He was a very good prospect before he even came to the UFC,I don't see anything super special about this guy,not yet anyway.

But I am also really excited about one fight on the prelims tonight. Keep an eye out for this man:

1496171906unnamed.jpg

Zelim Imadaev - A Chechen fighter with boxer base that has 8 fights and 8 KO victories. This man has some bombs in his hands. Here's a highlight reel for you.

I have them both by TKO in rd 1.

His striking looks ok but he's wild.

Yeah. I mean, his best win was a 13 second KO against 17-7 Ivan Gluhuv. But it was just them throwing wild hooks and Zalim's connecting. I can see why the UFC gets hyped about that. But if Zalim wants to become a serious prospect, he has A LOT of technical growing to do. Including his grappling, as you pointed out.

This isn't one of those top-dog M-1 or ACA Champions coming in. Like Alexy, Yan or Zabit. Zalim is an unknown even on the Russian circuit.

You put a bet in?

I did put some loonies on the action tonight. Not alot, just enough to make it interesting and pay for a great night out with my lady if I win. If I lose...Well that’s not even cutting into my beer, and weed budget.

I’m down with the bookies for half of this card.

I did put some loonies on the action tonight. Not alot, just enough to make it interesting and pay for a great night out with my lady if I win. If I lose...Well that’s not even cutting into my beer, and weed budget.

I’m down with the bookies for half of this card.
Haha those 2 sound like solid bets, you put them together or separate?

There was already a thread about this guy, and as I mentioned there, he's fought four guys who have never won an MMA fight and I believe only 2 who have winning records (neither of which is impressive).

He's fought nobody who could even be a sparring partner for Griffin.

Maybe he'll be champ someday, who knows, but there's no reason for him to have any hype until he beats someone who can actually put up some resistance.

1496171906unnamed.jpg

Krylov needs to train with grapplers wrestling is his downfall every time

Back