UFC 234 Whittaker vs Gastelum

I think KG's "power" is a bit oversold as well, however, the man possesses pin point accuracy and timing and he's used it to at least KD his last 6 of 10 opponents 2 of which are some of the biggest dudes at 185.

If you gave me a prop "KG to score a knockdown" I would absolutely take that.

Alright, who's the SOB who hit does not go the distance @ -130 on Dimes? Lol.

Not sure about the price now, but with Kelvin being better conditioned than Romero, I could see him posing even more problems since he won't be taking any rounds off and will not be taken down either. Romero did not get going until R3, and took much of R4 off recovering before the full sprint to finish the fight (and winning on the cards imo). So for 5 rounds, Whittaker will either be hitting Gastelum, or Gastelum will be hitting Whittaker. It's asking a lot for both guys to go the distance, especially Whittaker, who had years taken off his body going 10 rounds with Romero.

but with Kelvin being better conditioned than Romero, I could see him posing even more problems since he won't be taking any rounds off and will not be taken down either

Kelvin has historically poor conditioning. He was utterly spent in round 3 of the Jacare fight. Also, Whittaker is a very good wrestler and has great TDD; if he wants the fight on the ground -- though I doubt he will -- it will go to the ground, and if he doesn't, it won't.

It's asking a lot for both guys to go the distance, especially Whittaker, who had years taken off his body going 10 rounds with Romero.

Whittaker has had plenty of time off to recuperate from those beatings and is still young. I don't see career-accumulated damage being an issue at all here.

Kelvin has historically poor conditioning. He was utterly spent in round 3 of the Jacare fight. Also, Whittaker is a very good wrestler and has great TDD; if he wants the fight on the ground -- though I doubt he will -- it will go to the ground, and if he doesn't, it won't.

Whittaker has had plenty of time off to recuperate from those beatings and is still young. I don't see career-accumulated damage being an issue at all here.
Maybe, but I have seen too many times where a fighter comes out of the end of a war a different fighter - it just so happens the decision fell Whittaker's way last year. Whittaker was hurt more often and worse in the second Romero fight, so we really don't know if he can take similar type of damage again.

Not sure I would call Kelvin's conditioning poor, but that could have been a style match-up with Jacare, where the fight is going up and down all over the place, somewhere I don't see the fight going. He held up fine in a back and forth 5 rounder with Magny, even when physically dominated at points.

And I think defensively, Whittaker is a good wrestler, but I need to see more of him offensively to make such a claim. IMO the fight will look closer to the Hendricks or Kennedy fight, where it is almost all stand-up, each guy going tit for tat, until one wears the other one out.

Went really big on Montana De La Rosa around -249 & -250 to win a grand. She will have a size and strength advantage, improved striking with more power, better wrestling and submission ability and has fought tougher opponents as well as comes from a better camp while Aussie Nadia Kassem is coming up in weight from strawweight to flyweight, her best win was 39 year old Alex Chambers by decision and as someone else pointed out, she is recovering from injury, depression and anorexia.

Fellow bettor on Discord pointed out that Nadia has been battling severe depression and anorexia since her last fight as well. Huge red flag for females. Montana is definitely the play.
Hard to pay over -200 for low level wmma

I like ishihara ko +800

D0888931-06AD-4916-A035-B1BCB26FDDCE.gif
Went really big on Montana De La Rosa around -249 & -250 to win a grand. She will have a size and strength advantage, improved striking with more power, better wrestling and submission ability and has fought tougher opponents as well as comes from a better camp while Aussie Nadia Kassem is coming up in weight from strawweight to flyweight, her best win was 39 year old Alex Chambers by decision and as someone else pointed out, she is recovering from injury, depression and anorexia.

Hard to pay over -200 for low level wmma

I agree in general, but in this case there’s just so much going on with Nadia between the surgery, the depression, the anorexia, etc. coupled with the fact that she has fought literally nobody while Montana has proven herself somewhat in beating Ostovich (who is also trash, but would destroy Nadia).

picks are up. someone deleted my link last time so just google me you will find them.

picks are up. someone deleted my link last time so just google me you will find them.
Typo on your Anderson/Izzy fight prediction. Says you've "bet Anderson by decision as Andersons chin looks fine"

I added a bit on Buren. I hadn’t realized that Martinez is a flyweight. Buren should have a significant strength advantage.

IMO KG will ko Robert,,after wars with Yoel" Whittaker.
Mark my words.

This card suuuuucks, the fight night this weekend had more interesting fights.

Wittaker to win, Anderson to lose. Some money.

Lando surely has to finish this jobber. Dropped every opponent in UFC. Feel like this guy dosen't have it in him to survive and rally back. That and De La Rosa multy going big on . Kassem just turned 22, she is crazy green and had a competitive decision against the worst fighter on the roster in Chambers. De La Rosa is a top 15 of that division, underrated. 2 of her 4 losess are to Calvillo and Dern.

As per my request to have my account terminated it was nixed by Administrator Jei. Due to this unforseen circumstance, I guess I shall stick around.
Don't get it twisted either: I was fully prepared to pack my bags and hit the road Jack. However, I did donate 5 Benjamins to @MakeAWish if that's any consolation. ;)
I will have picks for this card and I will do everything in my power to make my staunchest supporters have faith in the one and only BG1.
The variance bug hit me hard and I don't like to make excuses, but I haven't been as $harp as I'd like.

(I'm currently on a no fap routine, eating strictly vegan and vaping canibus oil to fight my depression and it's doing wonders for my mental health ;))

- Barry

What's the consensus on Gastelum's cardio?

Will he comfortably be able to fight for 5 rounds?

After tape I like Buren as an underdog. He may not be a very good fighter but he looks like a decent wrestler with decent strength. He won the first 1.5 rounds vs Marlon vera with his wrestling. Martinez on the other hand looks like a weak flyweight, he has got a decent kicking game and some scrambling abilities but no boxing skills or punching power and bad takedown defence. This line should be much closer to evens if you ask me. I am betting Buren for 2.6. I think Buren should be able to outwrestle Martinez.

Back