UFC 234 is pure garbage

It's full of local Australian talent
Yes this is it.

With regional PPV's, whether it's in Brazil or UK or Australia, they ALWAYS stack the card with a lot of local fighters, for obvious reasons.

Its important to remember that just because not every name is well-known and familiar to most of us, that does not mean that the fights will be no good.
They *could* all be amazing fights, and I'm always up for watching new fighters that I'm not really familiar with. So let's all enjoy the card and let it play out as it will play out.

Everyone deserves a Day in the Sun, and for a little-known local fighter to be on a UFC Main card must be a huge day for them, their families, their team, and I applaud giving people a chance to showcase their talent and hard-work on a big event.

First PPV of the year and of the ESPN era.

The ESPN portion of the show will bomb in the ratings.

Fighters on Fight Pass will have even less exposure than before.

And there are four <FookIsThatGuy> on the main card (legit main and co-main but that's it).

Unbelievable!

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
  • Robert Whittaker vs. Kelvin Gastelum – for middleweight title
  • Israel Adesanya vs. Anderson Silva
  • Ricky Simon vs. Rani Yahya
  • “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim vs. Devonte Smith
  • Jim Crute vs. Ryan Spann
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET)
  • Austin Arnett vs. Shane Young
  • Montana De La Rosa vs. Nadia Kassem
  • Kai Kara-France vs. Raulian Paiva
  • Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
  • Marcos Rosa vs. Lando Vannata
  • Alex Gorgees vs. Jalin Turner
  • Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez
Fight card on three different stations you have to pay for each?
PPV purchase
ESPN+ sub
Fight pass sub?

Fak off mate, all that shit should be on the PPV.

Just stop paying the ppv prices.

Hopefully UFC will get the message and stop offering mediocre cards.

For this card, the main event is fine but the co-main event is not acceptable. Anderson Silva isn't co-main event material at this point in his career. It is a good fight which should be the opening fight on the main card.

I'll go so far as to say that, of all the fighters on the ESPN portion of this event, there isn't a single fighter who should even be in the UFC.

Fight card on three different stations you have to pay for each?
PPV purchase
ESPN+ sub
Fight pass sub?

Fak off mate, all that shit should be on the PPV.

They've had 25 years to figure this out and it's still amateur hour at UFC.

This card is top heavy for sure. I only know 2 fighters who arent in the main and co main.

Also, lando on fight pass? Wtf??

Main and co main are worth the price of admission.

Also, there is a lot of exciting talent on this under card. I always like to see Teruto fight, and Kai will put on a show as well.

Main and co main are worth the price of admission.

Also, there is a lot of exciting talent on this under card. I always like to see Teruto fight, and Kai will put on a show as well.
How is the co-main worth the price of admission? I've already seen this fight with Yair vs BJ

I get on Sherdoggers for not buying certain ppvs(225, 226, 231). But for garbage cards like this I would like to encourage any fan thinking about buying 234 to PLEASE find anothay to stream this one. Or wait until 3-4 A.M. & watch it on mma-core. Maybe download it. YouTube. Something.

The North American fans need to send the UFC a message like we did with UFC 224 & it's 85k buyrate. This shit don't fly no mo.

Two top fights look good, rest of main card is prelim material. Not saying they won't be good and/or entertaining fights, but the names just aren't there.

Odd how Montana De La Rosa is fighting , but Mark De La Rosa isn’t, but Marcos Rosa is

Nobody? Nobody have anything further to offer or say about 0-0 Marcos Rosa fighting Lando Vannata with zero MMA fights amateur or pro?

Two great fights, the rest is crap. It is kind of scary when the UFC needs to rely on both main and co-main event to pull through given the history of injuries and failed drug tests. If both fights happen I'm happy with the card, it's a very poor PPV but luckily I don't have to pay for it anyways.

How is the co-main worth the price of admission? I've already seen this fight with Yair vs BJ
People can doubt Anderson all they want, but this will be a good stylistic fight regardless of Silva's age.

the cards fine, shut up you whiner.

really living up to your username.

Its decent card. just not PPV card.
It is a fight night card plus a decent title fight.

If the UFC think people are paying $69.99 for that cards they are fucking crazy. That looks like a 150k card to me, one injury away from pulling Golden Boy MMA #s.

For me that card is somewhere between "I'll watch at the bar" and "I'll just search for the main and co-main on YouTube the next day".

What do people want?
If every card was “stacked”, then there would be less events throughout the year.

And that's bad how?

you want a stacked card every time right ? Ok so it will look like this

5 main event fights , your using 5-10 stars per night to cover. Max you have is 6 PPvs now stretching it out.

TLDR: stop whining

6 stacked PPVs a year would be awesome. I would not mind it so much if UFC 234 type events were on TV, ESPN+, etc.

And that's bad how?

6 stacked PPVs a year would be awesome. I would not mind it so much if UFC 234 type events were on TV, ESPN+, etc.
Well a lot of people bitch every fight card

I also wouldn’t mind 6 massive cards a year and more free fights myself

I would say "pure garbage" is an overstatement. Yes the UFC has watered down cards. Yes, this card is watered down, but it has three good fighters (Silva, Whittaker, the Donger) on it, so you can't call it "pure garbage."

The Donger is the real DHK, AKA Stun Gun, AKA “What’s Happening Hotstuff”.

The Maestro is not destined for greatness, comparable to The Real Donger.

People can doubt Anderson all they want, but this will be a good stylistic fight regardless of Silva's age.
He was slower than molasses 2 years ago. What makes you think he is going to be a better athlete at 45 years old? Use some common sense.

Back