UFC 234 Early PPV Estimate

How long does the current PPV deal last? Asking because I was surprised they chose to do so many PPV's this year. I'm no expert but it seems most fans don't want so many different paywalls.

I'm guessing 5 years.
The last deal(s) coincided with ESPN

But there is a lot unknown like out clauses, etc

That is per buy
It was a study a few years ago from SBJ (i think)
Not commercial or illegal
Advertisers get a pretty good deal. Streaming numbers adding to that number means they get more quite a few more eyeballs than they are technically paying for. Which probably raises the price the UFC can charge them. In a lot of ways it probably helps the ufc that people stream ppvs they wouldn’t have bought otherwise.

Advertisers get a pretty good deal. Streaming numbers adding to that number means they get more quite a few more eyeballs than they are technically paying for. Which probably raises the price the UFC can charge them. In a lot of ways it probably helps the ufc that people stream ppvs they wouldn’t have bought otherwise.
To your point, I pirated Game of Thrones several years ago and burned the first 3 seasons to disc. Those discs circulated between my parents, uncle, brother and a friend. Three of them subscribe to HBO each April now. HBO should be kissin my boots.

To your point, I pirated Game of Thrones several years ago and burned the first 3 seasons to disc. Those discs circulated between my parents, uncle, brother and a friend. Three of them subscribe to HBO each April now. HBO should be kissin my boots.

Yeah HBO took a cool approach. Didn't go after pirating. Smart business move. GOT became popular first from pirating. People told their family, who bought subscriptions and shared with family. Win-win for fans and HBO.

I know some will spin it as decent since the main dropped out, but any PPV under 200k is a weak showing.

Plus this was the first PPV that ESPN promoted

Hey, bro. Hope all is well. I haven’t even watched the last few cards, but I can’t say I’m surprised at this buyrate. The UFC needs a better way of conveying what is at stake, and constructing a narrative of itself. That has unraveled more or less completely over the last 2-3 years. One of its many effects is PPV purchases.

Hey, bro. Hope all is well. I haven’t even watched the last few cards, but I can’t say I’m surprised at this buyrate. The UFC needs a better way of conveying what is at stake, and constructing a narrative of itself. That has unraveled more or less completely over the last 2-3 years. One of its many effects is PPV purchases.

I'm doing good man

It is tough to expect people to give up a Saturday night to watch a lot of cards.
Add in paying for them.

A PPV still does great if there is an event feel to it

But they make insane money, so they are not worried.

lol at adesanya who was asking for ppv points.

Could have been worse

But LOL at Adesanya asking for PPV points - he should be fined for being ridiculous lmao

Looks like the UFC's watered-down half-assed attempt at making a good card out of non-sense matchups finally caught up to them! HAHAHA!! It's time to have a bracket style like Bellator is doing with their Grand Prix. But they obviously don't have enough common sense to even attempt anything like that. Right now the rankings don't mean anything as it's all about skipping ahead, skipping divisions and throwing around belts like its a freakin' toy, pathetic!
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/22/18235685/ufc-234-estimated-at-175000-buys

Why do fans celebrate their so called favorite sports failures?

to be fair the only champion fighting on the card pulled out at the last minute and the scrapped the entire fight.

probably a lot of stylebender hypers that can't believe their eyes right now. reality check! not yet as big a star as Dana is trying to promote him as...maybe with time he can become a draw

And they just let GSP walk out the door lol

giphy.gif

Back