UFC 234 Early PPV Estimate

Sadly that is not a reality for awhile
They just negotiating a higher % of the PPV split & already have TV deals in place
Is there confirmation on this? I recall about a month after the 70/30 thing was reported, someone was quoted saying that it was premature and a new deal hadn't been finalized. I haven't heard anything since.

Trash

I saw some projections saying the card exceeded expectations and all that....meaning like 250k-300k still.....I knew it wouldn’t be close to that. The card was only gonna do like 200 to begin with

Cut the main event and with a weak main card you get 175k

These numbers don't include what the UFC makes from selling commercial licences.

Is there confirmation on this? I recall about a month after the 70/30 thing was reported, someone was quoted saying that it was premature and a new deal hadn't been finalized. I haven't heard anything since.

The only had one that did not agree DirectTV, but they are still negotiating

100%
As I pointed out ITT
There is a lot more to UFC than the monthly PPV's

As far as I know, could be wrong but isn't it only the US that actually has to buy via PPV? Would be interesting to see the number of viewers from the US then the number from other countries that get UFC events with their TV packages.

As far as I know, could be wrong but isn't it only the US that actually has to buy via PPV? Would be interesting to see the number of viewers from the US then the number from other countries that get UFC events with their TV packages.

Australia as well, but the numbers are minimal

Australia as well, but the numbers are minimal
I imagine it would amount to a lot more than the PPV buys though? No idea about this stuff tbh. I know here in the UK watching live won't get many views as main cards usually start at 3am but will be watched when BT show it again the next day by a few.

The only had one that did not agree DirectTV, but they are still negotiating
OK. I did some research. I was confused because I thought that there was a middle man between the UFC and cable/satellite providers. I guess it is interesting to note that rather than a 50/50 split with DirecTV, both parties got a full 100% of nothing. We'll see who blinks first.

OK. I did some research. I was confused because I thought that there was a middle man between the UFC and cable/satellite providers. I guess it is interesting to note that rather than a 50/50 split with DirecTV, both parties got a full 100% of nothing. We'll see who blinks first.

There is only a middle with commercial PPV
www.JoeHandPromotions.com

DTV carried this PPV, they made a one-time deal
If the agreed since this PPV, I have not heard

Not sure what you mean by that man
Sorry, I'm missing what you are going for

I'm quite interested in the amount of views events get. As I think a lot of people take PPV buys as the amount of people watching the event live at the time. I figured the amount of viewers from around the world that aren't paying for PPV amount to more than PPV views.

I'm quite interested in the amount of views events get. As I think a lot of people take PPV buys as the amount of people watching the event live at the time. I figured the amount of viewers from around the world that aren't paying for PPV amount to more than PPV views.

Gotcha
Also remember that for lower end PPV, they average 4-6 viewers per purchase. Bigger PPV's more

that was a fight night card, with 175k they are probably happy to have survived that debacle, ufc i think can get 100k probably purely on the brand name

How long does the current PPV deal last? Asking because I was surprised they chose to do so many PPV's this year. I'm no expert but it seems most fans don't want so many different paywalls.

Gotcha
Also remember that for lower end PPV, they average 4-6 viewers per purchase. Bigger PPV's more
Is that due to viewing parties and bars raising the average, or are they estimating the number of streamers as well?

Is that due to viewing parties and bars raising the average, or are they estimating the number of streamers as well?

That is per buy
It was a study a few years ago from SBJ (i think)
Not commercial or illegal

Back