UFC 234 Early PPV Estimate

700 to 170. Back to 700 maybe even 800 in March.

You moved the goalpost
I never said UFC doesn't track numbers

I said they don't live & die by each PPV because it is the truth

You cannot treat MMA or Boxing the same as any other business. It would be asinine to compare them.

As far as myself?
I been paid to cover MMA financials in the past & now do it for fun
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ellator-looking-back-at-2018-forward-to-2019/
The UFC doesn't live or die by each ppv, where did you get that idea from? Look at how many active sponsorship deals they have, the value of the ESPN deal, the Reebok deal, the small costs of fighter and administration pay, the UFC has a massive profit margin. End of story.

The UFC doesn't live or die by each ppv, where did you get that idea from? Look at how many active sponsorship deals they have, the value of the ESPN deal, the Reebok deal, the small costs of fighter and administration pay, the UFC has a massive profit margin. End of story.

You made my point for me

Impossible. Anderson Silva is a huge draw. At least, that’s what his fanboys keep saying.

As far as myself?
I been paid to cover MMA financials in the past & now do it for fun

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ellator-looking-back-at-2018-forward-to-2019/
SelfreliantWaryBear-size_restricted.gif

Did more than UFC 221 right? That main event was 5 rounds for a UFC interim title

Better than I expected @FrankieNYC

Did more than UFC 221 right? That main event was 5 rounds for a UFC interim title

Better than I expected @FrankieNYC

221 was about 130k I think

Bottom line is a bad number is a bad number
Just because you expect a bad number that should not change anything
I see UFC, Bellator & WWE hardcores coming up with excuses for bad numbers for their fav company
MMA will have bad numbers. It is a card by card basis. If you applaud the big numbers, you should acknowledge the bad numbers.

Thankfully UFC does not live/die by each card & now with DAZN's guarantee, Bellator is starting to be similar (although at a lower volume)

Impossible. Anderson Silva is a huge draw. At least, that’s what his fanboys keep saying.
He became a draw with Sonnen (600k #1, 925k #2)
Is number were nothing to write home about before that.
Even then, is number doesn't compare to McG, Rousey, Brock or GSP.

Seems the PPV numbers just generally aren’t as high anymore. Would love it if they did away with it or just held a handful a year. They might even get more in a tv deal if they were putting title fights and other bigger fights on there. I think that’s where it will head eventually, can’t see them sustaining the ppv model when 80% of them do badly.

They've got Conor and Jon Jones back, i'm sure they're not too upset. I believe the last Whittaker Romero PPV did 175 as well. This card was never going to do big numbers, and i'm sure they expected that.

Seems the PPV numbers just generally aren’t as high anymore. Would love it if they did away with it or just held a handful a year. They might even get more in a tv deal if they were putting title fights and other bigger fights on there. I think that’s where it will head eventually, can’t see them sustaining the ppv model when 80% of them do badly.

Sadly that is not a reality for awhile
They just negotiating a higher % of the PPV split & already have TV deals in place

He became a draw with Sonnen (600k #1, 925k #2)
Is number were nothing to write home about before that.
Even then, is number doesn't compare to McG, Rousey, Brock or GSP.

Nothing compares to Conor, but Silva consistantly did over 500K for a while. The weidman fights, and nick diaz fight as well.

Nothing compares to Conor, but Silva consistantly did over 500K for a while. The weidman fights, and nick diaz fight as well.
Well, like I said, he did better number after Sonnen.
He didn't reach 400k before that.

And he did 650k Vs Nick.
GSP Vs Nick did 950k.

Silva was still a good ppv draw.

Back