PBP UFC 234: Adesanya vs. Silva - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Glorified sparring match, anyone who paid for this didnt got his money's worth, not even 5 rounds...

That shit is terrible. Both were trying for the shot.

This is one of the best moments in UFC history.

The fight went as expected. Silva could have won if went for more.
I agree. It went as expected... except I hoped for more from ando in the third. According to two judges that wouldn’t have mattered, but I think that’s horse shit.

Anderson cried at the weigh-in and got everyone talking about how it was an indication that this would be his last fight. That caused more people to buy the PPV than normally would have.

GOAT MMA troll

Every single favorite won tonight. When’s the last time that happened?

I really thought Silva was going to retire. Maybe if he gets his next fight in his home town?

Kinda wanted to see that cocky kid get his ass kicked by the legend.

Oh well, time keeps ticking.

ImmenseGrimAnt-max-1mb.gif
Good night my boys :D

I think he went easy on Silva due to the immense respect. Not taking anything away from Silva of course.

I don't know, some of those kicks would have fucked somebody up I think, but luckily Silva was still fast enough to dodge them

Lol

Just timing in now

Israel had nothing for a 43 year old has been Anderson.

That was embarrassing lmao, this dude doesn't beat any of the top 5 MWs

It was obvious that he had too much respect for Silva. Can't really judge him from that fight when he literally didn't want to hurt his opponent.

I'm just happy I didn't see some old dude look like he had no business fighting. Good times.

This felt like the Silva x DC fight. Too much respect shown. At least then DC knew Anderson was doing a favor and coming in unprepared. Kind of thought Silva was going for it at least at some point in the 3rd round. Wouldn't matter though because 2 judges had 30 - 27.

Adesanya telling Gastelum to put the belt down was quality.

It would've been had he not just finished looking like shit against a 43-year old who literally let him win.

Gastelum actually comes out of this looking better than anyone TBH.

Kelvin SHOULD put that belt down. He looks and sounds like a douche after saying, "Get well soon, champ!"
He is just trying not to lose his shot, Ali probably told Henry to lend him his belt (yes Cejudo is the type of guy to go everywhere with his UFC belt)

My question is who do you give Silva for a retirement fight? You can’t give him a scrub. You can’t give him somebody who will destroy him. It’s weird

Many of you don't realize Israel had everything to lose in that fight. There was no point in him being reckless in that last round, especially with the countering Anderson showed in the second round. He was being promised a title fight after this fight. Why fuck with that?

Back