UFC 230, which three title fights?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC 230 will be at MSGarden so it'll have three title fights...

Woodley/Till vs Covington?
Ortega vs Aldo (interim)?
Gustafsson vs Oezdemir (interim)?
Namajunas vs Andrade?
Holm vs Zingano (interim)?

Who ya got? Did I miss any?

won't be woodley/till vs colby. Wouldn't the turn around be too quick?

Interims no longer count as a title fight. F*ck this sh*t.

Other possibilities
- Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw III
- Dillashaw vs. Moraes
- Cejudo vs. Johnson III
- Cormier vs. Anyone

Last edited:
Those are all pretty sad options but that's what it seems to be shaping up to unfortunately....

my guess is that the UFC has something up their sleeve and they know something the rest of the public doesn't.....which is a retroactive 1 year suspension for Jonny Bones and a return for the best fighter in the game. He fights Gus for the vacant 205lb belt in the main event at MSG when DC declines the fight against Jon and opts to wait for Brock

other options could be a short turnaround for the winners this weekend against each other (DJ/ TJ or Cody) or possibly a GSP/Spider bout but there is some uncertainty on when Silva can exactly return which may not be until 11/10. if not any of those the card will be a major letdown and gate numbers should be extremely disappointing

You need something legit like what is listed above to put on a event in MSG and fill that bitch

GSP vs Anderson for the real belt of the interim 180lb weight class.

Those are all pretty sad options but that's what it seems to be shaping up to unfortunately....

my guess is that the UFC has something up their sleeve and they know something the rest of the public doesn't.....which is a retroactive 1 year suspension for Jonny Bones and a return for the best fighter in the game. He fights Gus for the vacant 185lb belt in the main event at MSG when DC declines the fight against Jon and opts to wait for Brock

other options could be a short turnaround for the winners this weekend against each other (DJ/ TJ or Cody) or possibly a GSP/Spider bout but there is some uncertainty on when Silva can exactly return which may not be until 11/10. if not any of those the card will be a major letdown and gate numbers should be extremely disappointing

You need something legit like what is listed above to put on a event in MSG and fill that bitch

Jones vs Gus at 185?
What are you smoking?

Namajunas vs Andrade?

Woodley/Till vs Covington... nope because Woodley/Till is UFC 228
Ortega vs Aldo...nope Aldo said he wants to fight UFC 231 in Toronto, maybe he will retire, because it will be symbolic
Gus vs Oezdemir...maybe, but zero buzz
Namajunas vs Andrade...nope Andrade will fight Kowalkiewicz UFC 228, Namajunas is injured
Holm vs Zigano...interim what for? you can make Nunes vs Holm

Namajunas vs Andrade?

No way Woodley or Till will be ready to fight again 2 months after they fight. Ortega already made it clear he's waiting on Holloway. And why would Gus vs Volkan or Holly vs Cat be for a belt? Apparently Volkan is fighting Anthony Smith now.

Rose vs Andrade is the most likely

75% sure after the recent announcement that DC/Gus will main event here. The other title fights are question marks.

Namajunas vs Andrade?

ufc 230 the interm belts.

if I was to make a real guess it can have the winner of ufc 227 tj/cody vs cruz. winner od dj/henry vs who ever. khabib vs dustin of that not on ufc 229.

rose is in la so im sure they say when and where her fight will be.

I could see nunes vs cat as well at ufc 230 since the world can see cris is ducking nunes for ufc 232.

the winner of volken vs smith could fight gus to crown a lhw champ.

Namajunas vs Andrade?

3 titles dream on it probably won't get two given the current ufc position.

Edited to mention that they've already booked 3/5 of the event and none of them are for belts, yoel v Costa, weidman v rockhold, Adesanya v Brunson

Last edited:
Back