UFC 230 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
HFJ7T2s.jpg

Main Card (PPV)

Daniel Cormier (21-1) vs. Derrick Lewis (21-5) (Heavyweight Championship)
Chris Weidman (14-3) vs. Ronaldo Souza (25-6) (Middleweight)
David Branch (22-4) vs. Jared Cannonier (10-4) (Middleweight)
Karl Roberson (6-1) vs. Jack Marshman (22-7) (Middleweight)
Derek Brunson (18-6) vs. Israel Adesanya (14-0) (Middleweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Jason Knight (20-5) vs. Jordan Rinaldi (13-6) (Featherweight)
Sijara Eubanks (3-2) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (22-14) (Women's Flyweight)
Julio Arce (15-2) vs. Sheymon Moraes (10-2) (Featherweight)
Ben Saunders (22-10-2) vs. Lyman Good (19-4) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Matt Frevola (6-1) vs. Lando Vannata (9-3-1) (Lightweight)
Shane Burgos (10-1) vs. Kurt Holobaugh (17-5) (Featherweight)
Adam Wieczorek (10-1) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (15-5-1) (Heavyweight)

Other

- A bantamweight bout between Brian Kelleher and Domingo Pilarte was expected to take place at the event. However on October 10, it was reported that Pilarte pulled out due to injury and was replaced by Montel Jackson.
- Sultan Aliev was expected to face Lyman Good at the event, but he pulled out due to injury. He was replaced by Ben Saunders on October 19.
- A middleweight bout between former UFC Middleweight Champions Luke Rockhold (also former Strikeforce Middleweight Champion) and Chris Weidman was expected to take place at the event. The two previously met at UFC 194 where Rockhold defeated then champion Weidman with a fourth round knockout. However, Rockhold pulled out on October 19 due to multiple injuries. He was replaced by another former Strikeforce champion Ronaldo Souza, who was initially scheduled to face former WSOF Middleweight and Light Heavyweight Champion David Branch in the event. Branch will now face Jared Cannonier as of October 19.
- Ruslan Magomedov was expected to face Marcos Rogerio de Lima at the event. However on October 24, it was reported that he pulled out of the event due to visa issues and was replaced by Adam Wieczorek on October 24.
- At the weigh-ins, Sijara Eubanks and Brian Kelleher both missed the required weight for their respective fights. Eubanks weighed in at 127.2 pounds, 1.2 pound over the flyweight non-title fight limit of 126. Meanwhile, Kelleher weighed in at 137 pounds, 1 pounds over the bantamweight non-title fight limit of 136. Both Eubanks and Kelleher were fined 20 percent of their purse, which went to their opponent Roxanne Modafferi and Montel Jackson. The Kelleher and Jackson bout was cancelled the day of the event as Kelleher was pulled due to illness.

On Lima and O1.5 here.

Huge bummer that Kelleher/Jackson is off. Was pumped for that one.

Tons of money coming in on Lima. Wonder if it means anything. Just saw him at +144

Anybody know why Kelleher pulled out?

Good luck tonight everyone. I'm fairly big on Lima to start

Tons of money coming in on Lima. Wonder if it means anything. Just saw him at +144
well wieczorek does suck. his path to victory was having more than 3 minutes of cardio. if rogerio really was cutting 50 lbs and has more than 3 mins of gas, he takes this fight.

On Lima here... did zero research but tailed all of you that said the line was off.. LOL.

Good luck everybody... lets break the bookies!!!

On Lima.
Probably gonna maul Wieczorek in round 1, then gas out and quit.

Good luck everybody!
Gotta start killing these last events of the year if I'm gonna reach my goal amount I set to win on UFC during 2018.

1.25u on Lima +236

Last edited:
Lima doing good in top control and Rogan complaining about him staying on the ground with the BJJ Wizard Wiezcorek

Please don't gas out already Lima and you got this. +300 opener was a joke

well wieczorek does suck. his path to victory was having more than 3 minutes of cardio. if rogerio really was cutting 50 lbs and has more than 3 mins of gas, he takes this fight.

Didnt bet this fight but I feel the same way, it's like Lima has a 3 min timebomb strapped to him and the only way to deactivate it is to render his opponent unconscious. Still he has a good shot. If he doesnt gas he'll look like the rightful fav.

I know a lot of people expect a lot of dogs to win on this card, I dont think so. Only took Brunson and Lewis and I think they lose, hate betting against guys like Adesanya and especially Cormier. Gave serious thought to Rinaldi, Rogerio and Jacare, gave Moraes about 3 seconds, Holobaugh 1 and Frevola less than a split second but no rather pass or play props. Ended up liking Weidman a lot though.

Wieczorek is gassed as fuck. De Lima has this one on the bag if he does not make a big mistake.

Looking good so far, doubt Wieczorek can get a finish.

After Kelleher dropped out, I remade all of my DraftKings teams and ended up only having 2 teams in the $1 event with Lima/Wieczorek. None with them in the bigger tournaments.

Thank you, Mr. Kelleher.

Piglord must be nutting right now watching his large play on de lima come to fruition

Don't fuck it up on the ground now Lima, just control and rest and wait for the standup

Back