UFC 229 = second largest gate in UFC history

serious question but how many of these were bought up by bots for resale? Not that the tickets won’t be resold but can sell out times really be trusted anymore?

That is most major event
From the OP:
The number of tickets on the secondary market are substantially lower than one would expect for a show that has sold nearly 18,000 tickets.

I honestly thought this would have blown way past 205's gate numbers even with 300 tickets left.

At this rate it's not going to surpass Canelo GGG's 27m or whatever Nevada record.

Not even close to $20m, but MayPac is the record

I really wanted to go to UFC 205. As a NYer and die-hard mma fan, it was a MUST. But I simply couldn't afford the tickets. That event was historic.
If MSG was the ppv record, you would think they would have wanted to set this 229 there. Obviously it wouldn't be 229 but you get my point.

That is most major event
From the OP:
The number of tickets on the secondary market are substantially lower than one would expect for a show that has sold nearly 18,000 tickets.
Cool. These tickets would sell on th secondary market but it’s always funny to see bot companies lose money on events that don’t get the hype they thought.

Not even close to $20m, but MayPac is the record

I mean the top non-Mayweather gate: http://boxing.nv.gov/results/Top_Boxing_Gates/

I thought Conor's return would be bigger than that, that's why I thought the 30 million number was legit. The GGG Canelo fight also did around I think 1.3m PPV buys. Not that gate and PPVs have direct correlation (I think Brock was always much stronger in PPV than gate), but I dunno if the current numbers is a strong indication of a 2 million buyrate.

I mean the top non-Mayweather gate: http://boxing.nv.gov/results/Top_Boxing_Gates/

I thought Conor's return would be bigger than that, that's why I thought the 30 million number was legit. The GGG Canelo fight also did around I think 1.3m PPV buys. Not that gate and PPVs have direct correlation (I think Brock was always much stronger in PPV than gate), but I dunno if the current numbers is a strong indication of a 2 million buyrate.

UFC/MMA does not have the money fans that Boxing does
the gate is much bigger than Diaz 2 & that did 1.6m+ buys, but less than 205 in gate which did 1.3m

Cool. These tickets would sell on th secondary market but it’s always funny to see bot companies lose money on events that don’t get the hype they thought.

I think someone said about 10% were on secondary as of today.
That doesn't seem like a lot

I still don't know where the $30m came from, but it seems like BT Sports jumped the gun with the sold-out shit & nobody but Dave corrected it.
MMA journalism at large ;)

Most MMA journalist are not journalist!

UFC should do what boxing did for the May/Pac fight where they sell tickets to a second arena where people can watch it on the big screen. I wonder if that would see out too (with more reasonable ticket prices)?

UFC should do what boxing did for the May/Pac fight where they sell tickets to a second arena where people can watch it on the big screen. I wonder if that would see out too (with more reasonable ticket prices)?

I'm pretty sure big fights have a lot of viewing parties in Vegas.
I would guess this will too

You didn't even get passed the first sentence without getting it wrong, ha.
But stubhub is secondary tickets anyway, but even that is brought up in the article posted.
I remember when sold out meant you can't buy tickets anymore. Also, who cares. This topic is so dry and irrelevant I don't know why I wandered in and TLDR goes without saying. That's TS fault not mine.

I remember when sold out meant you can't buy tickets anymore. Also, who cares. This topic is so dry and irrelevant I don't know why I wandered in and TLDR goes without saying. That's TS fault not mine.

Except that you didn't even read the first sentence of the post. That's not a problem with the post; that's a problem with you.

Except that you didn't even read the first sentence of the post. That's not a problem with the post; that's a problem with you.
You got me on this one. I didn't read shit. I keep hearing sold out but if you google ufc 229 tickets they're everywhere, so what are we talking here, just UFC's profit margins? Who gives a fuck other than the stock holders and Frankie NYC whom I simply don't understand and haven't for years. My definition of sold out has expanded. The more you know, bro. I also highly doubt this breaks Conor Nate II you can chew on that since it's your thing.

@FrankieNYC

The biggest inaccurate misinformation in that article is when it claims that UFC 200 did the gate it did because of Jones vs DC

L...M....A....O

It was because of Brock Lesnar

And because of the significance of It being the landmark 200th event

Anyway this is even more proof that the C in UFC stands for CONOR

Conor's star power really is out of this world. Simply incredible

Without Conor, the UFC wouldn't be what it is now.

Even when Conor isn't competing Conor is still VITAL to the UFC as Conor's 700million grossing boxing match saved the UFC that fiscal year...and now Conor is saving the UFC again with his glorious return

Long live the Conor show !

@FrankieNYC

The biggest inaccurate misinformation in that article is when it claims that UFC 200 did the gate it did because of Jones vs DC

L...M....A....O

It was because of Brock Lesnar

I'm no Frankie, but most of the tickets for UFC 200 were sold before Brock was added to the card.
the writer was factually correct.

I'm no Frankie, but most of the tickets for UFC 200 were sold before Brock was added to the card.
the writer was factually correct.

Yes
They went on sale 4/29
Brock was added 5 weeks later after most tix were sold.

Funny thing about Brock.
He did great PPV numbers but was never as big as a draw as far as gate goes.

Yes its his fault you can't even read one sentence properly.

Back