UFC 229...No Bars Showing It???

Brock Tober

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just checked at ufc.com to see which bars in my area (Portlandia) are showing it, and none have confirmed. WTF? There's less than a month until the event.

Could the UFC be charging a monumental sum? I hope not, this is the fight I have wanted for a long time and I need to watch in a bar filled with drunks like me.

just invite all your local bar buddies to your lovely home to drink with you. remember to lay down plastic.

Believe it or not, this is one fight my friends will actually come over to watch. Probably have some drinks and food. It's been a whiiiiile. Last time they came over was for GSP vs. Bisping. Before that? I couldn't even tell you.

Ahhh. Reminds me of the Golden years (2009-2012) of MMA when my friends actually gave a fuck about the fights and it wasn't just me and my two brothers watching the fights.

I just checked at ufc.com to see which bars in my area (Portlandia) are showing it, and none have confirmed. WTF? There's less than a month until the event.

Could the UFC be charging a monumental sum? I hope not, this is the fight I have wanted for a long time and I need to watch in a bar filled with drunks like me.
Portland is dying. Move out now

the bars probably all smartened up and are all streaming the event.

The zoo called... You are due back by 6pm

Believe it or not, this is one fight my friends will actually come over to watch. Probably have some drinks and food. It's been a whiiiiile. Last time they came over was for GSP vs. Bisping. Before that? I couldn't even tell you.

Ahhh. Reminds me of the Golden years (2009-2012) of MMA when my friends actually gave a fuck about the fights and it wasn't just me and my two brothers watching the fights.
Yep, all my friends fell off too. Use to watch the fights and play poker after.
My brother doesn’t even follow anymore but pretty sure everyone will be back for this one.

GSP/Bisping was a great fight. More than lived up to the hype IMHO.

But the dream of the 90's is still alive in portland

Chael Sonnen still lives there and he's the last thing keeping it alive.

When Chael moves on the city will become Detroit 2.0

Chael Sonnen still lives there and he's the last thing keeping it alive.

When Chael moves on the city will become Detroit 2.0
My girlfriend ran into him a few months ago at an x-ray clinic. He was driving a badass truck and took time to talk with everyone who recognized him.; he just asked to sign-in first lol. In fact she snapped a pic of him on her phone while he was doing the clipboard thing, but I'm not supposed to post it.

Weird. You'd think all the Butch lesbians up there would love to see men getting beat up

My girlfriend ran into him a few months ago at an x-ray clinic. He was driving a badass truck and took time to talk with everyone who recognized him.; he just asked to sign-in first lol. In fact she snapped a pic of him on her phone while he was doing the clipboard thing, but I'm not supposed to post it.
Chael bless, GOAT UFC trash talker and a GOAT human being

I never see UFC on the bar TVs lol everyones a friggin casual

Back