UFC 228 PPV: Three WMMA bouts

I'm interested in most of the main card.

Holy hell what a shitty card. Wtf is the UFC doing? There have been plenty of good fights they could have taken from FN cards and put on this card.
They have plenty of good fights on this card to replace one them with. Rivera/Dodson & Sterling/Stamman.

I actually think the wmma fights will be better than those fights though. Suarez likely taps out Esparza, & Andrade probably tkos KK. Shevy kills Nico as well. Should be decent card, IF Till makes weight(LOL he won't)

They all look like good fights. Should be fun.

In fact the whole card looks fun. Thread really helps separate ppl who know fights from the whiney 'plz upvote me for being a whiney bitch, it's all i have in my life' types.

The fight most likely to be boring is of course Woodley's, but I have a feeling that one will turn out interesting for a change too.

Last edited:
Really wanna watch the normal MMA fights but if i buy Dana and the UFC will claim WMMA draw because guys like me paid to watch the guys fight. I guess no buy is better for the sport.

Those three are actually good fights that are relevant to their divisions.

You really can't compare them to the "who-da-fuck" fight last night that even most WMMA fans barely cared about.

I would rather eat a crusty piece of dog poop covered in burnt hair wrapped in sliced ham that's been left out in the sun for a day than watch this.

I see 5 solid fights. WMMA is here to stay losers.

upload_2018-8-5_11-18-53.gif

I don't mind WMMA for the most part, but that is a needlessly shitty card.
Nobody knows or cares about Nicco Montano and her title, so it's a weak co main.
The Andrade vs Karolina fight would've been fine, but that Esparza fight shouldve been on a Fight Night card.

Of course this is a matter of opinion, but imo wmma in general is nowhere near the level of skill or entertainment of that of regular mma. Even if we’re talking about title fights or women who from a wmma perspective are exciting. So by definition a wmma fight for me is an automatic downgrade for a card, regardless of drawing power or importance of the fight, or price of the ppv.

So putting up three wmma fights on a ppv, and not even three huge women fights, is to me a real headscratcher.

Ofc if you truly enjoy wmma this might be a fairly good card, but I think that demographic of the mma fanbase is a very thin one.
I like WMMA. these are or should be good fights. But all of them shouldn't be on the main. I'll take the Bullet on the main somewhere, but drop the others to prelim. Could they still put in another fight or two? I like Yair/Zabit, but maybe another decent fight to Co-main.

It's a great card. WMMA haters are so retarded.

Shevchenko-Montano is guaranteed fireworks. Andrade-Kowalkiewicz and Esparza-Suarez are great fights too.

Plus Magomedsharipov-Rodriguez and Woodley-Till? It's a hell of a card, haters be damned.
It's a great card to PAY for?
It isn't horrible. But a GREAT PPV card?

I don't know much about Montano, but Schvenko is a great fighter. And Karolina and Andrade should have a good fight. I don't really care for Esparza, but i don't hate that fight either.
But we're talking about a PPV here. Of all the great fights they could have put on this card, they have 3 WMMA fights. It's not just that its WMMA, but those divisions arent high on my want-to-see list.

Compare the card to 229. Awesome fight after awesome fight. People would have less problem with WMMA fights if they were more intelligently spread out. Would make a lot more sense to switch one of the great 229 fights with one of 228s WMMA fights.

I like this card. Something happens on every card that surprises me. Shev's heavily favored for good reason but I'm rooting for Nicco so I'm interested in seeing how she does. Woodley's due for a good showing. Wondering whether Till can provide it. Andrade & KK could be more competitive than many are thinking as KK has good clinch work. Suarez I'll watch any time, Esparza's a big step up in competition for her.

I don't care about it really. Zabit Magomedsharipov is all I need to see. Really looking forward to see him fight again.

It's a great card to PAY for?
It isn't horrible. But a GREAT PPV card?

I don't know much about Montano, but Schvenko is a great fighter. And Karolina and Andrade should have a good fight. I don't really care for Esparza, but i don't hate that fight either.
But we're talking about a PPV here. Of all the great fights they could have put on this card, they have 3 WMMA fights. It's not just that its WMMA, but those divisions arent high on my want-to-see list.

Compare the card to 229. Awesome fight after awesome fight. People would have less problem with WMMA fights if they were more intelligently spread out. Would make a lot more sense to switch one of the great 229 fights with one of 228s WMMA fights.
Most of these haters wouldn't pay for a card ever. They just love complaining and having a misogynist circle jerk.

Yeah we get them for free (well as part of our subscription to bt sports)

Will still sell more in UK lol.

Also 3 wmma fights will be boring as shit to watch, especially one after another. Great main event though.

BT is starting a box office channel soon and it wouldn’t surprise me if Conor v Khabib was on it.

Not gonna lie, all the chicks except Nicco are certified badasses, with KK vs Andrade being guaranteed fireworks

Just an aside really.

Met a woman recently who’s into mma. She says she usually watches the fights with other women she knows from BJJ. The problem is they ONLY watch the women fight. They talk the whole time during the guy fights. Drives her nuts.

Awful card and potentially the biggest flop the ufc will have this year, will tune in for just the main event

If you want to treat women as equal, then really do it. Ignore that they are women and you would realize the talent level is so bad that they wouldn’t even be “fighting” on a regional promotion’s event. Would you be okay with men of equal skill level being put on a ppv? Of course not.

This is one of premier strikers in wmma:

latest

At least two of those women fights are going to be entertaining yall just sexist

Solid fight card (not trolling) from the point of view of having divisional relevance:

WW and WFLW belts finally getting defended,

WSW having 2 match-ups that could produce the next title challenger (or winners could fight each other, depending on Rose’s recovery time),

and last (but not least), a fireworks match-up at FW.

No rematches or interim belt shenanigans, no Phil Brooks or Brock. I’m in.

Of course this is a matter of opinion, but imo wmma in general is nowhere near the level of skill or entertainment of that of regular mma. Even if we’re talking about title fights or women who from a wmma perspective are exciting. So by definition a wmma fight for me is an automatic downgrade for a card, regardless of drawing power or importance of the fight, or price of the ppv.

So putting up three wmma fights on a ppv, and not even three huge women fights, is to me a real headscratcher.

Ofc if you truly enjoy wmma this might be a fairly good card, but I think that demographic of the mma fanbase is a very thin one.
It’s a fact that WMMA is nowhere near the skill level of regular MMA, not an opinion.

Woodley-Till and Yair-Zabit sare good fights. Don't care about the rest. There have been many worse cards than this imo.

Back