UFC 228: Darren Till eyes move to middleweight — but in no hurry to fight Yoel Romero

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“I just want to win this belt. I want to defend it; I just want to be able to say that I’ve defended it. You could be looking at two or three fights at welterweight and then that’s me done. I’m 25, I’m not putting my body through this for much longer,” he said during a recent media event (via MMA Fighting).

“I’m here today, I’m great. I’ve got my chef with me and he’s doing a f*cking perfect job. I feel good. I just want to be able to eat some white rice. I’m just f*cking hungry — that’s what it is,” he added.

“As I’m getting older, I’m starting to see that it’s a lot of weight to cut and I don’t need to do it. I started at welterweight, I’m going to finish at welterweight and my ultimate goal is to be welterweight champion. In two weeks, I could be making that a reality. After that, I want to defend and then after that it’s probably me going to middleweight. That’s how I see my future playing out.”
Still, while he would love nothing more than to become a two-division champion, “Gorilla” won’t be calling for a title shout straight out of the gates.

“I’ve said I want to go to middleweight. It’s just… I see a lot of guys and they’re chasing money fights. They’re winning titles and they’re calling either the higher or the lower category or they’re calling for that super fight,” he explained. “When I take that belt, I want to defend that belt and then I want to go up to middleweight, but that doesn’t mean that I want to go up and challenge the champion. I would like to earn my stripes in that division too. I feel there are a lot of good guys in that division.”

Of course, there is one man he won’t be too eager to face.

“There’s one guy that I wouldn’t like to fight, Yoel Romero. I’m glad he’s gone up, he’s a f*ckin’ beast,” he said in laughter.

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Maybe should look at the task at hand first.

shame he`s fighting the romero of WW

Romero is a beast and is a tough fight for anyone.

Laying the groundwork for another failed weight cut

25A0E474-F4D1-4332-B418-CEF4DEE88B73.jpeg

Last edited:
its funny he says this, but this is his last fight at WW.

im 97% sure he will miss weight

No need to fight Romero at MW.

Paulo Costa will erase him.

{<redford}

Haha....Till knows Yoel is doing the same shit and is a proper weight class above him him.

That said Till vs Paulo Costa would be fucking awesome at 185.

Paulo-Costa-UFC-Brazil-weigh-in.jpg

Yoel is still middleweight?

I thought the limit was 185

His punishment if he misses weight for this card should be a fight with the solider of god
giphy.gif

Back