UFC 227 - Let's address the elephant in the room

MM had surgery before this so who knows how he recovered. You could well be right. I'd rather see him win and finally get a fight between him and TJ or CG though.
This is the longest layoff of DJ's 30 fight career.

he certainly has the best chance of dethroning mm. i'm still shocked that mm didn't accept the tj fight. that would have elevated him tremendously. complains about money, yet doesn't take a, "money fight".

MM is obviously the favorite, but I wouldn't be shocked if Cejudo pulls out a victory. They're first fight ended so quickly that I believe it has tricked people into thinking Cejudo has no chance. We didn't truly get to see how their skills match up in the first fight, and I'm very interested in seeing how Cejudo's new striking style changes things. I wish Cejudo had a couple more fights before getting the rematch, but the UFC loves rushing rematches for whatever reason.

I know, amazing right? The guy was literally the best wrestler at his weight in the entire world. Definitely not a big deal or anything

I'll wait for you to post your world champion titles, which I'm sure are more impressive than Cejudo's

<36>

Don't have any, but I'm taller than my 9 year old nephew.

I hope Cejudo wins but I don't see it.

He looks like Frank Shamrocks "mini me".
RapidOnlyGelada.gif

The Elephant in the room is that this card is not PPV worthy. I'm usually the guy who hates the constant complaints about watered down cards, but the Fox show this weekend was better than this PPV is.

(I posted this earlier...on a Cowboy Cerrone thread. Too many open pages and too many mid-day work break bong hits. lol)

Agree 100%. We were spoiled with the Fox card and it's definitely more deserving of a PPV the this weekend's card.

Still, looking forward to Necktat wrecking Dillisnake.

Best thing that can come out of spending $65 is that DJ vs TJ happens... No knock to Cejudo… but don't see anything different but he might last longer this time....

MM is obviously the favorite, but I wouldn't be shocked if Cejudo pulls out a victory. They're first fight ended so quickly that I believe it has tricked people into thinking Cejudo has no chance. We didn't truly get to see how their skills match up in the first fight, and I'm very interested in seeing how Cejudo's new striking style changes things. I wish Cejudo had a couple more fights before getting the rematch, but the UFC loves rushing rematches for whatever reason.
This isn't rushed compared to other divisions though. This is 2.5 years and multiple title defences apart. We've been able to see Cejudo make improvements giving the rematch a new flavor unlike TJ/Garbrandt II.

Don't have any, but I'm taller than my 9 year old nephew.
Oh wow, you made a height joke

That'll show the Olympic medalist who's boss!

<36>

Get over yourself

Cejudo has the best chance of anyone at 125 of beating DJ, being an olympic level athlete he has a better wrestling foundation than DJ, the only problem is he's relatively new to MMA and was 3 years into it when they fought the first time, now he's had another 2 years to improve his standup game. That won't necessarily make the difference this week, but eventually I think he will be good enough to win that fight.

Back