UFC 227 Fighter Pay compared to Gross Income

Bunch of dana white burner accounts posting in this thread. My whole point was that fighters still gettting about 10% which should be doubled.

Bunch of dana white burner accounts posting in this thread. My whole point was that fighters still gettting about 10% which should be doubled.
But how are you reaching the 10% without factoring in costs etc. Unless you know the profit they've made you can't say what percentage the fighters are making. But this is sherdog, so I'm not surprised.

I have to laugh out loud thinking back to all of the post on here saying that when the Fertita's sold it would mean more and better pay for fighters. WME examined the pay structure and had no intent at all of coming in shelling out a lager percentage of the revenues. If profits were increasing then sure they would probably tack on another percent or two but don't believe for a second they are about to take much more from what they are pocketing.

The business was put up for sale & had 5 bidders bid over $3.5b because it was an ATM.
You are 100% correct that nobody bid $3.5b+ so they can immediately change the %

I'm curious what it will be for 2018 though
You have to discount 2017, because MayMac & the rev & payout will screw the % away from just MMA

How else is Dana going to have heaps of fake snow in his Las Vegas drive way for Christmas?

Funny that it gets brought up a lot, but it is hardly extravagant
It cost a few g's to do

but a $1m sweet 16 party for his son is a bit much

;)

Half goes to cable companies ya goof..

Plus the fees for the arena and promotion..

Fight pass I imagine they pocket 100% of that but how many are ordering through fight pass?

I have to laugh out loud thinking back to all of the post on here saying that when the Fertita's sold it would mean more and better pay for fighters. WME examined the pay structure and had no intent at all of coming in shelling out a lager percentage of the revenues. If profits were increasing then sure they would probably tack on another percent or two but don't believe for a second they are about to take much more from what they are pocketing.

Thinking WME would increase fighter pay is about as gullible as thinking lower taxes for multi million dollar corporations would result in higher wages for the workers

PPV 300,000 buys at $65 = $19,500,000
Gate = $2,850,000
Total = $22,350,000

Total fighter pay including bonuses $2,150,000

So not even 10% was paid to fighters. What a joke!!!
This is absolute shit analysis. Things you forgot to mention:
1. UFC splits PPV % 55/45 with providers.
2. UFC pays to rent the venue
3. UFC pays for all advertising/marketing
4. UFC pays all travel, lodging and per diem
5. UFC pays for all medical staff and medical insurance for everything related to the event.
6. Not every buy is HD stream
6. Live gate is split between venue and UFC.
7. They could pay more but your numbers are pure crap.

They split the costs of ppv with distributors, so its really like 12mm vs 2mm.

Then you have to factor in expenses such as marketing, the venue etc.

They're still making the lions share but its not as big as you make it sound.
if you're gonna deduct those costs from revenue then why not add some back in through sponsorships and merchandise sales generated from an event? Can't underestimate that TOYO tires money.

This thread reminds me of the Simpsons episode when the children multiply Seymour's current salary by his current age and then think hes a millionaire. Same type of math and logic here.

Every fighter is different
But as a whole, 13-17% is underpaid

I don't know what is "shady" though
they are pretty much above board in their business structure.
They are just set up as an ATM lol

Like I said, different people have different definitions. For me, if I feel I'm underpaid, I take my skills and talents elsewhere and find a new job or find some other way to make an income with my skills and talents.

If I can't do that because my skills and talents simply aren't worth as much as I would like, then I'm not underpaid.

If I could do that and choose not to because I'd prefer to work here at this for this pay than to work elsewhere at something else for better pay, then I'm still not underpaid.

That's not how everyone sees it, but that's how I see it.

(The only real argument for "shady" business dealings on the part of the UFC is the argument that they intentionally gobble up the competition or engage in anti-competitive practices such as, for instance, buying up the contracts of all available elite fighters they can get their hands on so as to force those elite fighters who have no desire to sign with them to do so if they want to be involved in elite fights. There is a case to be made that doing this sort of thing is a breach of anti-trust law, but again, with Bellator around putting on some elite fights of its own, this case becomes difficult to make.)

Back