UFC 227 fight night weights: All but six fighters come in over CSAC regulations

Well there goes the MM is too small for BWs bullshit. He weighed the same weight as Garbrandt in the cage. Better cling to the money excuse harder now.

This info should be mandatory for every event.
More like Garbrandt/TJ can probably make 125

All this time one of the best flyweights was fighting at 135.

DJ vs Cody, book it Dana.

MM heavier than Cejudo is the best joke I've ever seen. "MM dense"... Look at Cejudo, much bigger. This "information" (at least about Cejudo) is absolutely fake. Just Cejudo's head weighs more than entire MM's body. These commissions clearly benefits some athletes, for sure.

When i saw him at the weigh-in my first tought was that Cody doesn't look dehydrated at all, so i expected that he doesn't cut much weight. Dropping down to flyweight wouldn't be a bad idea since he has already lost twice to the campion at BW and that usually means that he's not getting another TS soon. I think we might even see a better version of Cody since he would still be one of the hardest hitters in the division but he would have to worry less about his chin since guys at FW don't hit as hard as the guys at BW.

About the eye test, Cejudo vs MM beign a perfect example, i think that some people are ignoring the fact that muscle are only a small portion of your weight. You have to consider water, bone density and other stuff, so a fighter that looks bigger like Cejudo can actually weigh less than MM because he has less bone density for example.

The big (maybe not so big) news - 6 out of 24 weighed in within 10% of their weigh in weight.

Only one won their fight, and it was against one of the other five in that category.

Some people think big weight cuts drain fighters and they perform worse. This is more evidence that isn't the case.

So this is the bullshit that rerards are using to try and discredit DJ now? That Cody is small for his division? Man I can't imagine what's it like to be such a loser you have to create these utterly bizarre mental gymnastics to try and discredit a great fighter.

So this is the bullshit that rerards are using to try and discredit DJ now? That Cody is small for his division? Man I can't imagine what's it like to be such a loser you have to create these utterly bizarre mental gymnastics to try and discredit a great fighter.

no I wasn't saying anything about dj. I just reading what cody weigh was and maybe he could make 125.

Fight night weight is an underrated advantage. Crazy how Cormier was 20 lbs heavier than Jones in cage and still got outwrestled and KOed

The big (maybe not so big) news - 6 out of 24 weighed in within 10% of their weigh in weight.

Only one won their fight, and it was against one of the other five in that category.

Some people think big weight cuts drain fighters and they perform worse. This is more evidence that isn't the case.

Small sample size.

I'll have to correct myself in another post -- I thought DJ normally weighed ~136 in the cage. This is the first time we've seen these cage weights, so that information I was going on could have easily been wrong!

Fight night weight is an underrated advantage. Crazy how Cormier was 20 lbs heavier than Jones in cage and still got outwrestled and KOed

I think you mean overrated* advantage. If it was underrated, then people wouldn't think it's important when it actually is. At least going by your example, you should have used overrated.

I think you mean overrated* advantage. If it was underrated, then people wouldn't think it's important when it actually is. At least going by your example, you should have used overrated.

I'm pointing out how good Jon Jones is, beating Cormier despite the latter having a big weight advantage

DJ lost to the smaller man on Saturday.

DJ weighed 142.....cejudo 141.... So much for that p4p....

lol holy fuck that brett johns guy cut a lot of weight.

Alex Perez (126 to 146.5 = 16.3%) Wow, that is quite a weight cut.

Back