UFC 227 fight night weights: All but six fighters come in over CSAC regulations

Cody needs to drop a class

Its consistent how much every fighter in each weight class gains overnight. Crazy these dudes are hitting those cuts w/o the IV bags. The gains were way worse when those were around. Heavier guys could pack on another 8-10lbs giving them a 20lb plus gain overnight.

I cut weight for a show with a buddy that fought LHW. His wife was a nurse and gave him bags after weig-ins. I watched him get to 235lbs before bed and was utterly shocked.
DC rehydrates back to 235 too

So TJ weighed 150 on fight night, yet it would be so easy for him to make 125 that the UFC would be ready to book him in a title fight without even testing that weight cut out first? Man, that's just retarded.

Well, Cejudo solved that...

BTW, didn't DJ once claim to walk around at 137 or something like that? His fight night weight was 142 now, so probably out of camp he must be a lot more than that.
well he's in optimal condition for 135, no reason to come in lighter. he would just have to walk around lighter to go to 125. you see he's only 7 pounds bigger than MM. but there is no reason to go to 125 now, the new champ is willing to move up (although he doesn't deserve to fight dillashaw yet)

Crazy to think MM actually weighed more than Cejudo. Cejudo definitely looked like the bigger fighter to me. Think we all know where Mighty Mouse carries a lot of his weight then..
<{danawhoah}>

DimwittedWelcomeGoitered-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Well there goes the MM is too small for BWs bullshit. He weighed the same weight as Garbrandt in the cage. Better cling to the money excuse harder now.

This info should be mandatory for every event.
Agreed. I want to know this every event but it seems like only California is doing this

Garbrandt lost because he fought a bad fight not because TJ was bigger

Lol and to think Rumble used to cut from 220 to 170

DJ is dense as fuck. He weighed more than Henry. LoL.

Thiago Santos (185.5 to 209.5 = 12.6%) def. Kevin Holland (184.7 to 193 = 3.8%)

209 vs. 193

Lol!

If you're going to have a max. weigh-in weight, there must be a maximum fight-night weight, otherwise it's b.s.

Cody should go to 125 he would be untouchable there

Well there goes the MM is too small for BWs bullshit. He weighed the same weight as Garbrandt in the cage. Better cling to the money excuse harder now.

This info should be mandatory for every event.
Agreed, absolutely love having this info.

Lol@ It took the UFC 25 years to get fight-night weights.

This is interesting. Sadly it will probably never really matter, because athletic commissions won't get together to change anything. California can scream from mountain tops someone is too big and should fight a weight division up. They will just go to another state, with a more lax commission.

Is this whole California weight thing a guideline or a hard rule? It seems like it's being treated like a recommendation and not something to be enforced

damn now I want all these data for all fighters. I think it will dispel some stupid claims that Tony Ferguson comes in at 190 on fight nights.

I think the most a fighter cuts is around 25 pounds. most go for 15-18 range. I'm curious to see how much Darren Till actually weighs on fight night

Back