PBP UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Mighty mouse will get an immediate rematch.
And hopefully Cuedo beats him even worse

Now that Mini Mouse has lost his aura, and is at an all time low confidence wise, I wouldn't be surprised if Cuedo now knocks Mini-Mouse out cold

It was worth every cent I would have spent, but didn't. I was entertained.

Because people get hyped in the moment and are quick to call people greatest of all time. I would think Dominic Cruz would get that title first.

I guarantee if Ngannou got lucky and KO'd Stipe, everyone would be calling NgannoU the GOAT
Cruz has an argument for being the best bw ever. I think Dillashaw is better. People calling everyone the got is sort of a fad I guess. I think judgments like that are best saved until after retirement.

Newer fans have completely ruined the term "lay and pray"
I can't decide if you're disputing that Cejudo laid and prayed. He's no Fitch, but he basically won that fight off of two takedowns and three accumulated minutes of lying on top of DJ.

Either way, I'm not a new fan.

Reminds me of the WEC days where the cards were low on star power but better than whatever the UFC was putting on. I knew it would be good when everybody was shitting on it.

Cody fights different against Tj than he did against previous opponents.

Loads up trying to hit home runs against Tj because he hates him lol before he was just hitting opponents with short crisp shots.

That guy is wayyyyyy too emotional
This. people complained when he didn't go for the kill against Cruz, but patient is the best approach for him. Dillashaw doesn't really have any beef and stays relatively dispassionate.

I like Cruz but here's one thing that bothers me: If he's so smart and knows everything why is he hurt so much? Freak injuries aside, if he's so smart shouldnt he know how to use his body better?

Dude like...maybe his brain is to powerful for his body.

10-dog-stoner-dog-montage.jpg

I can't decide if you're disputing that Cejudo laid and prayed. He's no Fitch, but he basically won that fight off of two takedowns and three accumulated minutes of lying on top of DJ.

Either way, I'm not a new fan.

Around the Brock era, the new fans started calling everything LnP. What Cejudo did tonight should NEVER be called "lay and pray". There was not a single moment even close to being stood up. Its not LnP just because the guy on the bottom is doing a good shutting you down offensively

Around the Brock era, the new fans started calling everything LnP. What Cejudo did tonight should NEVER be called "lay and pray". There was not a single moment even close to being stood up. Its not LnP just because the guy on the bottom is doing a good shutting you down offensively

Except that Cejudo put almost no effort into doing anything except holding DJ down. DJ certainly had something to do with that, but there were obvious points where Cejudo decided, "You know what, I'm just going to lie here because I'm bigger than you and this works." That's the definition of lay and pray.

Last edited:
Except that Cejudo put almost no effort into doing anything except holding DJ down. DJ certainly had something to do with that, but there were obvious points where Cejudo decided, "You know what, I'm just going to lay here because I'm bigger than you and this works." That's the definition of lay and pray.
So what. Top control has won MMA fights since..well..forever. DJ kept throwing nothing but gay ass leg kicks and Cejudo kept catching them and taking him down and making the fight dirty. If you dont wanna be taken down, do something else besides play footsies.

Back