PBP UFC 225: Whittaker vs. Romero 2: Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Joe's a dipshit but I want to see this fight again. Preferably with a healthy Bobby and a making weight Romero.

There is really no other fight that makes sense.

He loves Yoel so much and is butthurt that he is wrong. Yoel lost, bet over it butthurt Rogan

Rogan worships at the altar of man body and Yoel is God in the flesh. I wouldn't be surprised if Joe touches himself to the thought of Romero's abs along with the fact that he's 41. Guy sounds like he'd use a mold of Yoel's abs as his dinner table if Yoel would allow him to take a cast.

To me a 10-8 is the ref standing over you telling you to fight back or he's going to stop it. Whittaker never looked like he wanted out.
Yeah, that's a really stupid, romantic way of looking at things and has no grounding in how actually fighting works.

A 10-8 is when Fighter A's offensive is overwhelming to the point of no question. Fighter B may be defending, but their offensive output is nothing.
Robert wasn't firing back in 10-8. He was face down ass up and Miragliotta was telling him to fight back. By your standards, 5 was a 10-8 then. Mine too. What if the ref doesn't say anything in a round like that? Does that negate that Yoel beat the shit out of Robert and Robert held on to a single for a long time? Nah.

3 was not a 10-8 because Robert was firing back. Rocked Yoel. Was matching his strikes toward the end. Round 5 was not like that.

I'm determining based on Yoel dropping him multiple times, and making him do the fucking stanky leg.

If you think Yoel lost that fight, you are the problem.
See, you're avoiding the question. The stanky leg is evidence that Whittaker was rocked. I'm not disputing that, so there's no need to bring it up. I'm asking how you're measuring those moments of being rocked against long term accumulated damage.

You're implying I'm one of the fans who doesn't score damage. Yet I'm sure I score damage more than you do. E.g. you're more likely to have scored Alvarez/Pettis for Alvarez than I am. There are lots of other examples I'm sure. I think you're the problem in that you don't pay attention to detail, and thus don't recognize Whittaker's offense in round 1

I honestly dont have a dog in this fight. Been a while since a championship fight delievered like that. All you keyboard warriors talkin shit to either of these men, did you just not see a fantastic fight? I thought romero won, he nearly finished whitaker twice, but i can see why the judges gave it to whitaker.

Its a classic case of 1 guy landing a lot more and winning for more time of the fight, but the other guy did major damage and nearly finishing twice. I was almost sure whitaker was done in the 5th after he got dropped like that. Both men got my respect.
lmao dude literally no one is insulting either guy and if you ever came at me with an attitude like this i would smash your fucking face in with a keyboard. The fuck you think this is

Let's be real the judges probably thought Rob was mexican and associated his name with Romero on the scorecard
-Joe Rogan

Judges are total retards. In Round 3, Whittaker was dropped, badly hurt multiple times, and almost stopped, if thats not a 10-8 then nothing other than a KO is.

5 was a 10-8 fam. Sorry. I don't like Yoel and I love Whittaker but that's a clear 10-8

Striking discrepancy in round one was like 40 to 7... don't quote me on actual counts, I'm buzzed, lol.

Yoel won 2x10-8 rounds

How can anyone say that the rounds yoel won were close?

I gave Whitaker 3 rounds to 2, but the correct score was probably 47-47.

R1: 10-9 or in my opinion at least 10-8 Whitaker. (even though Romero stood there and did nothing (should be 10-8 Whitaker)

R2: 10-9 Whitaker

R3: 10-9 Romero

R4: 10-9 Whitaker (this was a very close round. Romero dropped Whitaker, but Whitaker outstruck him).

R5: 10-8 Romero

So you either have 47-47 Draw, 47-46 Whitaker, or 48-47 Romero (if you give Yoel round 4).

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/5a09fd7cb3db9705

Fight Metric gave Whitaker 1,2,4.

I honestly dont have a dog in this fight. Been a while since a championship fight delievered like that. All you keyboard warriors talkin shit to either of these men, did you just not see a fantastic fight? I thought romero won, he nearly finished whitaker twice, but i can see why the judges gave it to whitaker.

Its a classic case of 1 guy landing a lot more and winning for more time of the fight, but the other guy did major damage and nearly finishing twice. I was almost sure whitaker was done in the 5th after he got dropped like that. Both men got my respect.

Dude I agree. It was an insanely entertaining fight. Jesus the chin on Robert is insane, and the heart to keep fighting with one arm while essentially getting smashed by a two door 94 Honda Accord in the face several times.

A 10-8 is when Fighter A's offensive is overwhelming to the point of no question. Fighter B may be defending, but their offensive output is nothing.
Like Round 1 for Whittaker?

Back