UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

I guess that’s what happens when you have Nunes vs Pennington as your headliner for a $70 PPV?

That's a lot of sexist, misogynist pigs out there who didn't buy this great card for the only reason that they are intimidated by strong, powerful women who would kick their asses.

A professional who missed weight by 8 lbs and a girl who’s record is 3-4 on a 65$ PPV. And the main event was a 10-1 favorite.

You’re a dumb ass.

A professional who missed weight by 8 lbs and a girl who’s record is 3-4 on a 65$ PPV. And the main event was a 10-1 favorite.

You’re a dumb ass.

SJW white knight wasnt going to get a reply from me

Not really anything to do with it being women. It's just two very unmarketable fighters headlining.

Ronda Rousey sold more than most male champions.

Now, if every WMMA champ ends up being a butch Brazilian who previously abused steriods.... yeah.....

Totally, every male PPV main event does blockbuster numbers.

PPV system is retarted and only the USA uses it anymore.

The card itself didn't look great on paper but it was a great night of fights. Something you'll never know before hand. If they would launch a global platform for let's say $150/year you can watch all events including the numbered events live they would get a lot more people into watching.
But they can't do that now because fighters want ppv buys income

Just scrap WMMA and send them all to Invicta, that's the real solution.

People who enjoy that shit can watch it in Invicta or on seperate cards or whatever.

and get rid of the little guys too.

too many PPV cards will do this
True,the spark is not like before,when we all where looking forward to a stacked card once per month..

Gastelum vs Jacare was so much more important LOL

WMMA does not deserve the main event.

The fact that there are a million threads a day about WMMA is a sign of its popularity. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

I'm surprised also because on paper it was better than recent PPV lineups in terms of name recognition.

And nobody is surprised. They should have stuck with Nunes vs Cyborg instead of having them both fight 2 cans just to be able to crap out another 2 PPVs.

That fight card was absolutely terrible and the main event was the worst part. With the talent on the roster and number of champions and contenders there is no excuse for having such miserable events as pay per views. If this card was a fight night event I wouldn't care so much but a ppv? Get real, it wasn't even worth the illegal stream hahaha.

And nobody is surprised. They should have stuck with Nunes vs Cyborg instead of having them both fight 2 cans just to be able to crap out another 2 PPVs.
yeah,hope we get to see that fight now..nothing else for both

I can only speak for myself. I stream all PPVs where WMMA is a major part of, or the main event of a card. I watch the WMMA fights only to ridicule and shout drunken insults at the screen and I stream to send a message by withholding my wallet. The only exception: I have a well-known friend who fights and I always buy those even if WMMA is on his card.

Ronda was a novelty, a flash in the pan. As soon as her one trick stopped working people moved on. Think about it. She wasn't hideous, but neither was she Gina. She had no personality and that phony scowl is perfectly suited for WWE. If the skill level improves maybe I'd watch if the card was stacked with better fights. Someone mentioned a couple title fights per card and that sounds good. But I think a lot of fans are like me, in that we just don't want to watch women beat the shit out of each other.

They should have moved Gastelum/Jacare And Vitor/Machida up, And promoted them more instead. I am sure that alone would get more buys.

I don’t mind WMMA, but I don’t think they should mix it into mma cards.

didnt help that it went up against a free bellator card with some big names on it, as well as the lomachenko-linares boxing match, where lomachenko was aiming for a title in a 3rd weight class in only his 12th professional fight (record).

Back